For the four of you that still want covenants locked

That’s true, but you’re not part of them during the campaign. You just borrow power during leveling.

If you’re a venthyr, you help build up what’s-his-names reputation again. When you leave to go make a garden in the night fae, I would think the venthyr would feel slighted because you spurned their gift of power and joined another covenant. Maybe some of the reputation you helped him gain fades, because surely the hero wouldn’t run out on his friends.

When you leave the night fae to rejoin the venthyr, and let your garden die, I think all of shadowlands knows your fickle personality at this point.

Why cant the abilities just be free pick like essences in bfa were and the covenants, minus the abilities, be perma locked? That way you aren’t swapping all willy nilly and you’re using the powers from all 4 covenants to combat the jailer and save The Shadowlands. Since they’re, y’know, supposed to be working together anyway.

I think that would be cool. I’m just giving why I think it is the way it is.

I mean all that says is your content goals don’t require you to consider what build you play, so this goes back to you preaching about consequences when your end game literally offers you no consequences regardless of what you do. You can walk into Heroic as a melee DPS with cloth int gear and your group could still kill the bosses.

I don’t have any expectations for what content you do. I don’t care. We will never be in the same groups, locked or unlocked. Which is why you should care absolutely nothing about what covenant abilities I’d be running or if I were to be swapping around freely.

Yet here you are.

But we wouldn’t be spurning them.
Basically just telling them they don’t have to fight over us.

The argument against it is basically saying you ate taco bell last week, so now you will have taco bell EVERY DAY FOREVER because Burger King won’t take your money… Unless you prove to Burger King that your worth having as a customer, in which case Taco Bell won’t ever let you be their customer again…
And also you saved both the Taco Bell and Burger King’s owners from being tortured forever in hell… because reasons.

You seem to be raiding just fine with locked covenants regardless. Why cry?

And I’d rather cut my foot off than be in a group with you, so thanks for that.

Neither are the necro druids in that raid. They’re all gray parce across the board with mages doing twice their damage.

1 Like

Nothing the players feel or think matter; it’s not an election where if you get 100% of the players to agree they are magically going to change how covenants work.

The covenant system is the hill upon which the design team has decided to defend to the death. In other words, There never was a ripcord; there never will be a ripcord no matter how many people love or hate the system.

The why it is , is if they make it harder for us to switch by time gating it they think it will make us play more and up the numbers for their investors. It may actually be having the opposite affect and making players want to play less.

Nah , they will do their usual in 9.2 when they go "We realize that locking the covenants was not really that a good idea and will be unlocking them in 9.2.5 just before they shortly release the Beta for the next expansion .

them stay as level 1 , then the best player , can kill alot of mob one shop , do good job

Oh yes, I agree. But it will be their decision. No amount of impassioned pleas or reasoned arguments by the players will change their minds until they feel the expansion is over.

Have you ever bought a new car? Just because the old car got you from point A to point B doesn’t mean you can’t want a smoother ride

that’s the main reason anyone should have chosen one,
idc about playing optimally, I like undead valhalla

Pull the ripcord please. You’re doing a massive disservice to the playerbase and not giving any value to the time they invest in their characters

1 Like

i already said i dont have an opinion i was just saying what i did for laughs.