For BGs, ...Priest, or Druid

OK, im torn… so mainly for BGs, solo, occasional grouping, which would you level and why?

Depends on what you like.

Rdruid/Rsham are my favorite BG healers because their kits give me the most options to do unique stuff with. But Rsham has pretty garbage defensive CDs, and their huge group heal can be ruined by a half competent DPS (there usually aren’t half competent DPS).

Priest is easier to play, but has less unique abilities that let you get creative. Disc is more complex than Holy if you felt like a spec that’s a bit more involved.

Hpal is about the same as Priest. Easy to play, but even less cool stuff than Priest.

MW monk has a simple healing kit, with a bit more junk to do cool stuff with, but your primary heal is a channel, or rather you habe to channel to make your other heals instant (you will get kicked a lot) and will have to get comfortable kiting.

And Evoker I have not played, but a lot of people play them, so they’re okay I’m sure.

If you meant as a DPS, I can’t help you.

2 Likes

Druid has more flexibility, range, melee, tank or healer. If you do a random bgs you’ll probably have to flag carry.

But shadow priest is fun and in randoms nobody really expects anything from you, besides the 5% stam buff.

I’m bias but shadow priest. Praise cthulhu!

1 Like

Disc priest is the hardest healer to play. I have every healer. I also feel like my disc priest is by far the tankiest and awesomest. Rsham is the next best for me.

It’s been a hard decision for me as well.

Druid is a lot more versatile, and can adjust to the situation as needed. They also have insane mobility which is awlays good for BG.
They have 3 great PvP specs, and Balance will get buffed eventually and wanted in RBG for rot comps.

That said, their healing can feel a lot less impactful than a priest, simply because you’re watching health go up slowly, or not at all. Where-as with priest you usually feel your heals making impact immediately.

Priest are less versatile, but they’re easier to play, and Shadow is an amazing spec, especially right now. Someone said Disc is hardest to play. I agree that in Raid/mythic they are the hardest healer, but in PvP that’s not the case. They are incredibly straight forward to play.

Priests however lack an instant rez, stealth, bearform, and an interupt (unless we want to count Holy’s chastice as one). They also lack mobility, but I think that’s a bit overblown because they have more tools than a Druid does to deal with being touched. Druids have to be mobile because they’re a bit sqiush, even though they do have the bear form option.

My mind is telling me to play Druid because I think they have more utility, and being able to flag run or play guardian druid sometimes is nice . . .

But my heart is telling me to go with Priest. It’s been my main since Vanilla, and I just cant help but keep going back to it. I just really enjoy the way healing feels on the class, especially Holy right now.

I mean at the end of the day it has to feel fun to play right? I dunno, Priest just feels more fun to me. Druid is an AMAZING class though, and will make a great alt

1 Like

the mobility of Druid always makes them win out in terms of pure fun to me

1 Like

Play both? Leveling and gearing are easier than ever.

1 Like

Boomkin!

They are kings in 40m’s for overall damage. Right now they are weak but still able to top charts. Easy kiting, off healing, much more options in abilities/spells and overall fun. I’m biased with balance, since I’ve been playing since Cata/WOTLK. It always is mediocre at best at start of xpac and then, BAM! BOOMkin returns. Then as long as you maintain maximum range, you continue to be viable. It’s allll so fun ranging rot and then bashing in to cc, beam or just be a fool and act silly. I have so much joy when playing a fat chicken. It grows on you so damn much. Only thing is that if you don’t want to get hooked on balance, then avoid it. Once you get the chicken silliness, you never want to play other classes. I’ve neglected my rogue for many years now because of bwak bwak.

My favorite in bgs is to kill someone and then flap around their body before they release or if I get blown off a high place, I just flap my way down as the enemy stares at me with fire in their eyes.

Oh, and if you got the magic rooster, riding a chicken as a chicken is so wholesome! Nothing more embarrassing that getting rekt by a chicken riding a chicken being followed by a chicken pet.

Priest is crazy good right now, but they will mellow out. This occurs often in xpacs. Their off-heals are good too, however, they look (from pvping them in bgs) like statues. No moving, they just tank. Remind me a lot of warlocks. I’ve quit my priests more times than I can remember.