Font addons?

I’ve been looking/googling for a while now but can’t seem to find any addons that work to change the font of the game. My issue is that with a smaller UI scale, text is harder to read in places, so I’m trying to find a mod to change text in some places but haven’t had any luck. I tried ace3 + fontain but it just doesn’t work. Does anyone know of an addon for my issue here?

It’s not something I’ve ever done, but font mods work a little differently in they’re not actually addons – they’re simply font files of your choosing placed in your data folder, posing as the fonts you want them to replace.

Here’s a guide on Wowhead. It says it’s for Classic, but it should work for retail too – just substitute out the necessary parts.

EDIT:
Tried it and confirmed, the method in the guide does indeed work on retail.

1 Like

Small UI?
Esc - system - advanced - UI scale

Fonts?
Get the font file you want and put it in
Retail (folder) - fonts (folder)

Font file names are
2002 / 2002b / arialn / frizqt__ / damage / pagetext

Lib: shared media will work with other addons for chat and tooltips, etc to change the font.

Seems there’s no font folder in either classic or retail. Going to try a repair but I don’t recall ever seeing that folder there either way.

And the thing is here is that my UI will have to take up too much of the screen to have a comfortably readable text.

I’ll give this a try

You have to create the folder.

1 Like

Oh you have to create one :wink:
“Fonts”
And make one font file to six (copy & paste) and change their names

1 Like

Strange, I really can’t get it to work. Does it only work with fonts listed in the guide maybe?
I’ve tried multiple ttf files from font squirrel making copies of copies with and without .ttf at the end with no difference.

Hmm mine only works without .ttf at the end
There can be some fonts that doesn’t work
How about try normal ones?
And log out and in again

Alright so I finally got it to work. What I had to do was change file viewer setting to show extensions, and from there I changed the .otf to .tff and that caused it to work for some reason. This is after trying both otf and tff files normally.

In order to override the fonts used, the fonts have to be named the exact names that the game itself uses. Then drop them in the font folder.

I only did this last year sometime. Grabbed some easy to read font and dropped it into the font folder that I created. But then it didn’t work. And it’s because I didn’t read the instructions that said to rename the names of the font to the names used by the game.

Right, insert new font and name the four files to what the game typically uses. After trying multiple fonts thinking they just weren’t supported for some reason, I persisted long enough to actually go changing the file types and it finally seemed to work. I tried ttf and otf files with and without the extension typed in so I’m baffled. Found my workaround though…