FOMO, lack of quality control, not enough class fantasies (Update #4)

Yep, and I’ll probably never use it.

Let me jump in here; for the record I have Tyreal’s Charger, a long with a few other removed things;

-Pandaren Phoenix Mounts
-Horde Chopper Mount
-The WoD Store Mounts that have been removed from the Store for some reason; the Grinning Reaver, and Night something or other Bat.
-Tabard of the Argent Dawn
-Baby Blizzard Bear
-The DeathWing Mount and the (ugly as heck) Grey DragonHawk Mount from the WoW Anniversary event

Probably some other stuff I don’t remember or don’t realize has been removed.

That being said, I think it’s absolute GARBAGE that other players can’t get all of the stuff I have had and have enjoyed for Years now! If Blizzard put every single removed Mount, Pet, Titles, Mogs, etc from in the Cash Shop TODAY, I would cheer them on!

I love some of the other posters ideas about adding that removed content to Scenarios in the Caverns of Time! That’s a fantastic idea!! But at a bare minimum, if the only way to get that stuff now is by whipping out the Credit Card, then at least do it! Put stuff in the Shop on a rotating basis! Add in all the stuff from BlizzCon, and other events, including the stuff released in China but not here for some reason. I know there’s about to be a bunch of IRL losers attacking this post to protect their Pixels, but let me go ahead and respond to them now; get ******.

OP, fantastic Post! Agree 10,000%!!!

7 Likes

Really? I don’t think you had to be good to get the dark shore, tree-burning mounts.

Heck, I got the BFA raid mount with 100k gold. So what point are you making?

Translation: “as someone who has benefited from the current design, I like the current design”.

What a plot twist.

Really should stop pretending like WoW has no FOMO as well.

have we finally reached the point where FOMO is used to just mean “anything i don’t like”?

1 Like

he’s basically saying that bad players want free handouts, and only want to do challenges when they’re at world quest difficulty, or even buy them via boosts…

which is true :100:

2 Likes

No, it’s “thing that I want but can’t get”.

3 Likes

You don’t have to be good to do normal.

Nah. I just understand what limited time rewards are.

Fomo is a buzzword used by people who want something for no effort.

2 Likes

This is incorrect and a bad faith argument in accusing people in not wanting to work something for. Please refrain from posting in my topic if you can’t adapt to either the discussion we have at the top or pick one of the other topics where you can belittle everyone else. We still discuss class fantasies and I will continue to bring these issues up with another entry soon again. Thank you.

5 Likes

We continue our discussion with a few more topics.

Let’s talk about Void Elves and their class fantasy in general. The paper-thin race concept lacks not only story-relevance but also weapons, mounts and customization. Not only were they absolutely abandoned during the 8.3 void patch storyline in stopping N’Zoth, they also lack actual flying mounts which are not FOMO. Yes, yes: We also have the corrupted Fire Hawk mount but this is rather an off-color of the Firelands (and therefore flame-based) raid. Void Elf-players are limited to a very small pool and it makes it hard to justify the existence of the race, at all.

At the moment they have only two weapons suitable for their heritage armor, namely the Voidcore Greatstaff and an Artifact Marksmanship Bow Recolor. It’s no wonder everyone championed for the High Elves to be playable with the lack of care and dedication the developers show. There have been several people fighting for their literal existence by creating great graphics and ideas, which I’m gladly to share in this topic with everyone. Resident Void Elf-supporter of the forums Fenelon made several collages with ideas in his topic, which also include the locked away heritage weapons, which should have been released from the very start with this race.

Let’s have another talk about a few mounts associated with the Siege of Orgrimmar raid and the lore-established Kor’kron, who have still a relevance up to Battle for Azeroth. As I have written before about the Kor’kron Shaman-set, we still haven’t talked about the linked War Wolf, which is FOMO nowdays. It’s another Teldrassil-situation, where lore-based sets or class/race fantasies are split apart, with few items still available. When we’re at it, the two off-colors (1) (2) haven’t been made available to the players as well. So, no: Orc-players are not obliged in having a mount which fits e

I was asked to bring up the Deathwheel mount, the poll and how it was distributed. This has been discussed to death already. On a personal level, I do not care much about it. Blizzard had all the time and money to adjust the mount so they can avoid the legal troubles they have with the collaboration but they did not. Prestige was more important to them rather doing the right thing for the community and make it available to the players. At least the Alliance-players can enjoy their motorcycle.

1 Like

Those FOMO mounts are aesthetically horrible and only has value because it can’t be obtained again excluding BLM.

That wolf mount I have it but never used it :rofl:

If FOMO mean we won’t put any effort in making the mount so we just change the color code or throw just this saddle . Then concept of FOMO should just die .

In fact some players say we have too many mounts , so lets stop :rofl:

FOMO-stuff should be something special and not what is relevant to the lore. I’m still a big fan of making FOMO-items glow in the dark while the original model still being available to the players and RPers.

Sorry Blastkrizzle, but I disagree with this. There is actually laws in California in regards to re-releasing competition items to be sold/bought by people. It is because of those laws to why Blizzard can’t release the Warlords Deathwheel into a Vendor or Cash Shop for people who didn’t get it when it was given to those during Azeroth’s Choppers competition.

1 Like

They cannot even change the model with the same name?

I’m not too sure. Honestly, I am not sure on how the law works, but if Blizzard was based somewhere else, then things can be, a little different. But sadly, it is California that has that law, and there isn’t much Blizzard can do.

i think personally ksm / ksh should have a mount, give some kinda reward besides io / score, imo. but i know, rewards for elite players = bad.

It’s only bad if it’s an important reward going forward in the future of the game.

But some of these examples don’t fit that narrative. There are things you can no longer get because they have been removed, not that the skill level is limiting you. They were very easy to get in only required you being present at the time not being a good player.

You forgot the ultimate FOMO: The AH mount. People are still posting about that.