FOMO, lack of quality control, not enough class fantasies (Update #4)

In what way the graphics looks outdated when compared to other more modern mmo World of Warcraft surpasses most if not all of them that are currently on the market in terms of looking better.

I’m pretty sure that most locations pre MoP could need a touch up, like they do it with the NPC models.

1 Like

Only when it’s relevant to the story (by that I mean per zone basis) but otherwise they are not doing another world revamp because it’s not feasible.

I want to cover one more issue today which has been brought up from time to time and reflects badly on the quality control and why people aren’t always happy with what they have.

The weapon sheathing feature is bugged on the live server. We all know the hilarious sheathing pictures on the internet or have witnessed them for ourselves, but this is not the only reason why weapons look awkward on our characters. What do I mean with this? These pictures provided by my brother will give us some insight into an inGame feature which gets overlooked very often because not many people are aware of it. You might work for a specific weapon version (str or int versions) but the game does not allow you to pick the exact version you have worked for.

The in the picture displayed Cataclysm PVP 1h-gladiator axes will sit on the back but one of them, the green one, is sheathed around the hips standard-wise. While this looks like an mistake, the reason for this lies within the stats of the original weapon as mentioned above. If you want to have another sheathed version of the same weapon, you usually need to collect a specific transmog-version of it. In this case, it’s the “Nifflevar Bearded Axe” from the Vrykul archeology profession.

But even if you manage to collect the right version of the same weapon, the game will only use the default entry in the database for this item at the top. This goes for all weapons with alternate sheathing options. In other words, the inGame transmogrify system isn’t properly working and should be revisited.

I’m not saying this works at all. Actually the opposite. But the trolls still come to the forums to tell people they are actually having fun, even when they clearly aren’t, or that they have never liked this game, the genre, or even any videogames and should quit, because there was this thing they didn’t like and think should be changed.

And I do think it’s one of the concepts that this game is designed around, that people don’t know what fun is, so you can give them whatever, tell them it’s fun, and they’ll believe and continue to play.

But surely in the future if they do nothing different they will see different results.

3 Likes

Let’s talk about some more issues, ranging from FOMO to quality control and class fantasies again.

Tyrael’s Charger is one of the more frustrating FOMO experiences you can have in World of Warcraft. Either you purchased it through the Annual Pass promotion in 2011 or a few years ago through a Chinese promotion for ~$35 which unlocked the mount account-wide. While the FOMO-aspect is awful enough on its own, people have started to report several incidents of their mount getting removed without a warning or reason. To this day there hasn’t been made an official statement regarding the situation.

Why has it to be this way? The best action of course would have been to rotate several FOMO-mounts on the cash shop, so everyone can have their shot at getting them. For a company, which values money, the developers do a bad job at rotating their recruit- and promotion mounts, to keep everyone happy. Speaking of, who remembers these mounts?

This is something what Final Fantasy 14 does best. It honors their players in every possible way.

Speaking of. The current RAF-reward, the renowned explorer’s attire is not only something what League of Explorer-fans wanted to have happen a long time, it’s also on another timer until Blizzard decides to remove it, while even NPCs wear this outfit in the upcoming Dragonflight expansion.

This outfit could have been splendid archaeology-profession rewards for an abandoned feature but someone decided against it, in their quest for more money instead what the game actually needed: Class fantasy and evergreen content.

This is another example of how things turn sour for the players. Three sets which would improve the overall class fantasies of the game but they are either too hard to get or too limiting for their own good. What do I mean with this?

Basically, a heritage armor for the Mag’har Orcs has been limited to Leather-wearers only and the developers stripped the set of the headgear for no real explanation either, while the inGame NPCs are represented as warriors, shamans and hunters. It’s one of the more unwise decisions made by Blizzard during Warlords of Draenor and it still shows. Doesn’t help either that they released a Mag’har Heritage Armor recolor variation while other races still only have one heritage armor color available to them but this is a story for another day.

The mirroring set for the Alliance is one of the Karabor Finery designs (which will return time to time in various colors in Legion). The displayed Frostwolf- and Karabor-sets can only obtained in WoD with a specific armor-type in mind, after they earned the revered reputation status with a certain group. Given the lengthy nature of the WoD expansion, both of those sets should have been unlockables for every class the players plays, instead forcing them to grind a specific armor type so they can buy the -otherwise- hidden ensemble from the vendor.

The Kor’kron Dark Shaman armor set is one of the few Orc Shaman fantasies and groups which stayed relevant up to Battle for Azeroth. While the set is still obtainable, people have been reporting several issues in unlocking them, ranging from taking up to years to acquire it. Like with most desirable items, the game needs a pity system so they don’t spend years farming something they want to have until they get burned out. Something, what FF14 still does great and it harms nobody. Instead encouraging to farm people in every content the game has to offer, people still are conditioned in doing the same thing, even decades later. It’s the love rocket farming method but with a bit more freedom. Let’s just hope that the upcoming love rocket changes will do their wonder.

More topics are to follow another time.

2 Likes

Are you really surprised? It was obvious from the beginning that group was mostly comprised of bored trolls.

2 Likes

Actually, yes. For the tantrum they threw for losing their “identity” and “unique appearance”, these people do not care for the Blood Elf mount at all.

2 Likes

Ah, you never joined their infamous discord I guess.

Very few of them really cared about this (like, 2 of them, and these two posters are actually nice and know how to give their opinion without being obnoxious or dismissive), the rest I imagine were bored and were looking for some “action” on these forums.

1 Like

The Grand Gryphon from MoP is the BEST gryphon model so far. Easy to collect and looks great with any Alliance race. The Grand Armored Gryphon not so much.

Tyrael’s Charger is the best looking flying mount for Alliance Paladins and Warriors. Unfortunately, it was only available during the WoW 2012 Annual Pass event. Now it is unachievable. Winged Guardian in the WoW store is a distant second.

2 Likes

The wings get old real quick.

After seeing the wings of the Imperial Quillen mount in MoP used on almost all flying mounts after MoP… I would still pick Tyrael’s Charger.

I gave you an upvote OP

For you, because you have it.
But not the person who don’t have the mount.

Appreciated. I will continue to cover more in the next few days.

Yep, and I’ll probably never use it.

Let me jump in here; for the record I have Tyreal’s Charger, a long with a few other removed things;

-Pandaren Phoenix Mounts
-Horde Chopper Mount
-The WoD Store Mounts that have been removed from the Store for some reason; the Grinning Reaver, and Night something or other Bat.
-Tabard of the Argent Dawn
-Baby Blizzard Bear
-The DeathWing Mount and the (ugly as heck) Grey DragonHawk Mount from the WoW Anniversary event

Probably some other stuff I don’t remember or don’t realize has been removed.

That being said, I think it’s absolute GARBAGE that other players can’t get all of the stuff I have had and have enjoyed for Years now! If Blizzard put every single removed Mount, Pet, Titles, Mogs, etc from in the Cash Shop TODAY, I would cheer them on!

I love some of the other posters ideas about adding that removed content to Scenarios in the Caverns of Time! That’s a fantastic idea!! But at a bare minimum, if the only way to get that stuff now is by whipping out the Credit Card, then at least do it! Put stuff in the Shop on a rotating basis! Add in all the stuff from BlizzCon, and other events, including the stuff released in China but not here for some reason. I know there’s about to be a bunch of IRL losers attacking this post to protect their Pixels, but let me go ahead and respond to them now; get ******.

OP, fantastic Post! Agree 10,000%!!!

7 Likes

Really? I don’t think you had to be good to get the dark shore, tree-burning mounts.

Heck, I got the BFA raid mount with 100k gold. So what point are you making?

Translation: “as someone who has benefited from the current design, I like the current design”.

What a plot twist.

Really should stop pretending like WoW has no FOMO as well.

have we finally reached the point where FOMO is used to just mean “anything i don’t like”?

1 Like