Follower Dungeons

I am totally shocked to see “Follower Dungeons” are coming to 10.2.5. I feel like this is big news because this is a solution that addresses many issues, and was something I thought would never happen.

Aside from being a fun idea – the prospect of say gearing up followers for solo runs for example – this will fix two opposing problems. The first is that new and casual players often say they don’t like the breakneck pace of leveling dungeons. Conversely, more experienced players like the increased pace and want more of it.

With something like follower dungeons, both players can level how they want. The more cautious player can learn about the dungeon and how to play the game in general while the pro leveler can try to push their character to their limit, is how I see this.

It would be really cool to be able to group with our own alts, as well

12 Likes

i hope they let us group our alts. i have rp belf sisters and i would cry if i could play with them…and my random orc bank seller tank… lol zug love

7 Likes

Follow Dungeons are set for just normal dungeons, you aren’t gonna get them for Heroics, M0, M+ and so on. The NPC AI level will most likely be like the NPCs in the Exile Reach dungeon, slow and stupid.

That would be actually cool though

1 Like

My alliance Pandaren wants to kill me.

Hopefully there will be a normal difficultly version of the current seasons M+ roster, then they can learn those dungeons before joining them blind in M+.

Unlikely for now. They just listed the normal 8 DF dungeons.

Room for expansion though if it turns out usable.

If it’s a buggy pile of trash that no one uses, then just let it rot. Lol

2 Likes

I also excited for the retaking of Gilneas.

Finally, my Gilnean Warrior has been itching to get back there (or maybe it’s just fleas)!

2 Likes

This is different than live players?

2 Likes

Think I missed something, what’re we retaking gilneas for?

I hope they expand this to allow you to use them in leveling content, like, once you get out of exile’s reach, or create your allied race, you can hop into doing dungeons. Would be nice to be able to say as a dps spec go from questing, to dungeons, without having to wait half an hour or more for the queue.

3 Likes

It seems not everyone in Gilneas is thrilled by Genn and the Gilneans return.
The Forsaken may have left, but I doubt it remained empty when they did.

Install the PTR 10.2.5 and have a go at a follower dungeon and see how they work yourself.

I did Neltharius and it was a great time for me. Solo with four NPCs.

I didn’t feel rushed or pressured to do anything but play how I wanted.

5 Likes

What kind of gear did you get from it? if it dropped.

A couple pairs of gloves dropped from the bosses but I didn’t really look at them.

I was more interested in the feel of the dungeon run itself.

1 Like

Given how far along the expansion is, I would imagine that the gear will be nearly useless. So they will probably be great for seeing the story but not have a lot of replay value.

I look forward to running through all of them at least once.

I wonder if follower dungeons will be implemented into baseline regular mythic dungeons.

Maybe, maybe not. Right now, it’s only available for Dragonflight normal dungeons

I hope it eventually makes it to M+

It would make sense if the followers were weaker than players, particularly the raw DPS numbers would have to be lower I think

Pugging vault keys is a chore, this could be a way more fun way to fill the vault.

The other huge advantage is if it say let two friends play together how they want. Where now if you want to group with your friend you have to invite 3 randos/pugs

Socially 5 is an awkward number

I finally finished the Tyr questline due to the follower dungeons. I love them.
I think they will be a great addition for casual players like me to allow finishing the story line.
The only thing IMO that would make it better would be follower raids. Not for gear or experience, just to allow completion of the story line for people like me.

5 Likes