Follower dungeons should have an option select

Between normal and heroic.

I’d like to gear up a couple of alts for lfr, how about letting us do follower dungeons on heroic for an extra boost?

4 Likes

If you can do LFR, you can do heroic dungeons.

But normal dungeon gear is enough, you just have to upgrade it once with flightstones.

1 Like

I think the point of follower dungeons is to let you learn your role in a dungeon at your own pace… so then you can group up with other people for higher difficulties.

I think heroic follower dungeons are unnecessary. And I’m usually the one who encourages more single player activities.

2 Likes

I’m all for follower dungeons – However making them completely replace group content, I’m against … I somewhat feel higher difficulty dungeons would be like a gateway drug into that area. :grimacing:

That all being said, heroic dungeons aren’t all too prestigious – So I wouldn’t really see the harm in it; but then again I could be wrong :person_shrugging:

Followers heroic will no doubt happen.

Solo raids is already being talked about among developers.

Citation please.

2 Likes

I’m total in favor of using AI followers and scaling for old dungeons and raids.

Many friends of mine gave up to start play wow because they would not be able to fight iconic villains, such as Lich King, in proper fights, cause it’s all one hit kill.

They should made it as a history mode for past expansions content, linking all mains quests at zones, dungeons and raids.

I used to solo both dungeons and raids on challenging mode by simply doing them when my character was a certain amount of levels (I want to say 11 but I could be misremembering) above the expansion.

Don’t know if that is still possible with all the squishes and scaling and changes due to timewalking and M+ though.

It is still possible, and there’s 2 categories of old raids: squished and unsquished.

In unsquished raids ( currently BFA->DF), you do normal damage, if you can kill it via natural power scaling, go ahead.

in squished raids (vanilla->Legion, expanding to cover up through DF in Midnight), the game gives you some bonus damage to put your power level to be about where it would be if the squish hadn’t happened.

There’s very little to do with the level difference, other than what’s required to trigger the bonus in squished content, it’s just what natural power scaling between expansions allows you to do.

youtu.be/961oE1MkQ8A?si=_g1TxbUx08smsdm4

Since I can’t link this is the best I can do.

BFA raids are designed in such a way that is so anti solo and yeah some classes can no doubt solo it but most can’t even if you can solo it you need to do some insane stuff.

Dungeons aren’t built to be soloable at higher difficulties, or intended. This is why they’re adding in Delves.

The point of follower dungeons is to give you a place to try new things and also finish the story without needing other players.

Thank you for posting the link.

I always appreciate it when posters can provide evidence of their assertions because so many just repeat speculation as fact.

:doughnut: :doughnut: :doughnut: for you!

I wonder what the solo/causal player story moment in raids are going to look like. It would be nice if they were a delve.

1 Like

There’s very little difference between a normal and heroic dungeon. It’s also the end of the expansion with a throw away season.

Letting us do heroics with followers would let me gear up a few alts for lfr slightly quicker so I could farm up a few more of those bullion things and use them for stuff like the slime cat and other transmogs. Hardly game breaking. I would still be doing lfr with other players and not be doing the entire process solo.

I’d like an expansion into Heroic too… it would give me more to do.

1 Like

Follower Dungeons are mainly for story-telling, so, you’re not going to get them at Heroic (especially now that Heroic has been upgraded).

To upgrade Alts I’d recommend running the TW dungeons to compete the quest and doing the Dreamsurges quest, then some Heroic dungeons if you need them.

My understanding (and I could be wrong) is follower dungeons are being implemented for solo players to experience dungeon content/story and for others to learn the dungeon for group play, not for gearing up.

I think delves are suppose to be the gear progression mode for solos and duos.