Follower Dungeons - Initial Daily Limit

With Follower Dungeons arriving next week in the Seeds of Renewal content update, we’ve added some precautionary measures for the feature’s initial release to help ensure a smooth experience for all players. The initial limit will be that a maximum of 10 Follower Dungeons can be started per day per account.

Note that a Follower Dungeon, which can only be run at Normal difficulty, will be considered as ‘started’ once the instance is created and that regular non-Follower dungeons with players will not be impacted by this limit.

We will actively monitor the impact of this feature once it’s live in all regions and look into adjusting the limit at some point in the future. Thank you for your understanding.

37 Likes

Why?

69 Likes

Hope the launch goes smooth as silk and no problem I accept this restriction.

6 Likes

Bots.

26 Likes

Anti-exploit/bot measure, presumably. It can always be increased or removed later.

14 Likes

how easy it might be to farm the runs

1 Like

A bot could do very little in a follower dungeon and reap easy rewards at the expense of server bandwidth.

9 Likes

Hamster protection would be my guess. There’s been a lot of buzz about this feature and the instance servers have finite memory/CPUs.

(I find myself thinking back to the launch of WoD when they underestimated the impact of everyone firing up garrisons simultaneously and the game was almost unplayable for a week or two, so don’t begrudge them being a little careful with new features now)

Then again … 10/day is a lot isn’t it? Would I have ever even noticed the limit if they hadn’t announced it?

16 Likes

Like everything that Blizzard does, there has to be a limited amount of times you can do it. Funny how that does not apply to heroic dungeons and BG’s. So stupid.

10 Likes

I can queue solo shuffle, bgs, arena, do keys or level alts until I drop.

6 Likes

Back to punish everyone because of exploiters? We finally get something new and fun and of course they gimp it.

28 Likes

No Horde NPC’s in my Follower Dungeons

Please

2 Likes

Unless they add a juicy carrot, I won’t even bother with follower dungeons.

1 Like

Must be possible to crash the servers if you spam them all at once.

3 Likes

ill use it to get the final breath i need lol

3 Likes

We don’t know that because they aren’t telling us any reasons why. If they’re going to ration follower dungeons then delves and other single player content will get the same treatment. :rage:

12 Likes

Because it’s much harder to bot those for gold farming without getting reported and banned via the other people you play with.

5 Likes

As others have stated - it’s to curb the potential for bots to run rampant with this feature, and completely overload the instance servers.

Besides that - 10 runs a day is MORE than enough use of this feature for any average player. If you really want to run more dungeons after that, just queue for Normals like you did prior to this update, and continue spamming dungeons for XP, or if you’re so disinclined to playing with others, just quest afterwards.

The EXP you earn from running Follower dungeons over and over isn’t going to be as fast or efficient as just queing for Normals, or questing if you don’t want to play with others, so the ten per day limit is more than enough.

5 Likes

Another swing and a miss.

16 Likes

Nobody who actually works there have stated this. Also, it’s not that difficult to put a simple test in to make botting a dungeon difficult rather than punish everyone wanting to play single player content.

7 Likes