Follower dungeons and certain buffs

Been running my Aug Evoker through follower dungeons to level/gear. I’ve noticed that a lot of the buffs don’t apply to the NPCs.

*It does not seem like Ebon Might works. It shows them having the buff, but looking through the damage meter there is not any difference in their damaging skills whether or not they have the buff.

*Temporal Wounds from Breath of Eons also seems to not work (this may be connected to the Ebon Might problem since one requires to the other to work.) And since they don’t do the damage from Temporal Wounds, they also don’t get the shield from Chrono Ward.

*Inferno’s Blessing does not work.

*Neither buff from the Draconic Atunements work (the bronze is hard to be sure, but they definitely do not gain the extra HP from black) and neither do the Aspects Blessings.

*They run directly through Motes of possibilities without picking them up.

*Have not tested Dream of Spring, but I assume it doesn’t work either since Ebon Might seems to not.

Interestingly enough Fate Mirror procs from Prescience does work. As does the Blistering Scales damage, though I can’t be sure about the increased armor.

I think it’s because the Followers are not players but non-player characters, though why that is I have no idea.

1 Like

Interesting. i guess there isn’t perfectly consistent coding of buffs to player vs pet vs summons vs follower vs allied NPC vs … vs … ?

Is this something that ends up affecting the flow of your runs with an aug evoker in follower dungeons or just practicing your situational awareness?

1 Like

Well initially I was just trying to pin down my rotation/skill priority/buff uptime/ect … The follower dungeons worked just fine for that. But once I felt comfortable with those things I wanted to dig deeper into talent selection and how that effects my overall contribution to the party. AKA - how much damage does Inferno’s blessing actually contribute to the run, or is Momentum shift a big enough damage increase for my party to be worth taking, ect …

I know this has all mostly been “solved” already. But most of those solutions are for High Keys and Raiding and based on high end gear and a specific party playstyle. I like to know what works best for me … not the elite crowd.

1 Like

It’s worth noting this issue applies to more than buffs. A lot of “smart” buffs and heals ignore party NPCs entirely, and it’s not always clear from the description whether they’ll work or not. Ancient Teachings doesn’t heal them, but Rapid Diffusion applies just fine. Lots of trinkets like Smouldering Seedling also fail. It’s bizarre.

I first saw this in Proving Grounds and reported it as a bug months ago, then again in the Mage Tower. These events may be using the same logic for the AI party. The fact that this problem still exists after follower dungeons were introduced is concerning.

1 Like

Interesting. I had considered this over the past couple of days while working these things out with the Augvoker.

I did know this pretty quickly after release. I don’t remember which trink wouldn’t work for me but I assumed it was a usable item bug … Never imagined that actual skills wouldn’t work.

That would be my guess. They just used the infrastructure from previous iterations of NPC parties to make the follower dungeons.

I mean, in general it wouldn’t be a big deal for a trink or a random buff to not work. But the entire Aug spec is centered around using things that don’t work in the group. And, now, with the knowledge that other specs suffer the same problem … yeah I hope this is something they look at fixing for TWW.