Follow Me loss killed Dual Boxing

If dual boxing is allowable, how do you actually travel two characters together?

Wait Follow Me was removed?

By using hardware (a second machine w/keyboard) to run your second account

1 Like

FollowUnit was removed, and the Weak Auras Follow Me doesn’t function any more. This was to hamper boosting, but has also affected dual boxing, and sight impaired folk.

Dang that’s a bummer, I get the whole boosting angle in removing it but it def had a lot of benefits past just boosters using it.

Kinda seems like they’re just using booster as a catch all boogeyman term to hamper QoL.

I think this is just another step towards making dual boxing harder as well

The FollowUnit API was not removed, but was instead marked as “protected”, now requiring a hardware event (i.e. pressing a key, mouse clicks, etc).

This was proposed by someone on the WoW Community Council in this thread:

There was additional discussion about the change and how it hurts accessibility for disabled players, in this thread:

2 Likes

alrighty, then I need to figure how to write a macro to /follow another party member, thnx
*** it appears to be /follow focus

There are many ways, setting a focus like that works, but obviously only works if you set the focus first.

These should also work:

/follow flamemoon (or any character name)

/follow @party1 (you can use party 1-4)

1 Like

I am in the habit of focusing the other party member when dual boxing. It helps me to keep track of the other’s health.
Thank you.

/follow focus

Put that on toon 2

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.