Flying Wow 2023 - Returning Player - How?

There is a lot of information out there about: How to obtain flying.
I am hoping Blizzard will respond directly for clarity to the returning community.

I know for me it has been over a decade since I actually got involved and learned anything about World of Warcraft…

One of the biggest obstacles in returning is getting used to the camera follow again. As such I have walked away wishing I was able to fly to get a birds eye view of the layout and popped a couple ibuprofen for the headache.

So beside unlocking flying by earned by achievement?
Completing Battle for Azeroth Pathfinder, Part Two will unlock flying in Kul Tiras and Zandalar and reward you with Wonderwing 2.0, the mechanical parrot mount.**

Can I just buy flying; make my return a little easier?

Some articles say yes others no.

BfA and Shadowlands still require specific achievements to unlock flying. (There were points in the Dragonflight beta where it looked like BfA flying would become baseline, but this didn’t actually happen. That’s probably where the conflicting info your seeing is coming from.)

You can just buy flying and fly in any of the other zones that allow flying. If you have access to Chromie Time (and if you don’t, you can try making a trial character which might unlock it) you can do your leveling in any of the earlier expansions and get access to flying as soon as it’s available at 30.

Honestly, with Chromie Time, I’d get to 60 with MoP, WoD, or Legion, (or even the revamped Vanilla zones) and then go back and worry about unlocking flying in BfA and Shadowlands at 70 when you can outlevel it.

1 Like

Thank you!

ANSWERED: As of 1/30/2023, achievments are still required to unlock flying for Battle for Azeroth and Shadowland zones.