Flying Update in Shadowlands

Make flying level 10 and I have no problem with this. As it is I don’t see how leveling in Cataclysm will be possible without flying. The only zone that doesn’t require flying to complete is Vash’jir. It’s needed at the end of Hyjal. The beginning of Ulduum, in the middle of Twilight Highlands and throughout Deepholm.

6 Likes

Player feedback matters.

Blizz bent the knee.

Thanks Blizz!

4 Likes

That is literally perfect. thank you so very much, this is incredible.

9 Likes

We won the battle but the war isn’t over yet.

21 Likes

Not saying that’s what they should do, but an intern can spend a couple evenings dropping in mini-flight-path NPCs on those continents to fix that problem.

3 Likes

Nice change.
And given how the new level scaling works, it makes perfect sense too.

2 Likes

YES! God, I can’t wait to be able to fly in Draenor, I stopped playing WoD so never got that pathfinder and never found it worth it to unlock WoD pathfinder in Legion or BfA when I wouldn’t go back to those zones (except in rare cases.) But question, why does BfA keep it’s flying reward from pathfinder, and why do you keep adding this system to the expansions when it’s only forum trolls and PvP players (specifically the ones who want to easily kill lower level characters) that like it.

9 Likes

Yup.

Celebrations are near! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

more like the knee finally buckled from all the weight of players unsubbing and the stress was too much for them

8 Likes

Yessss.
Finally.

4 Likes

oh thank god

3 Likes

Yup, circle the wagons.

It is not over but freedom for flight is near.

2 Likes

Cataclysm was more than the endgame zones. It featured all the redone lower level zones too. It’s possible that they would just have the level range of those end game zones be higher than level 30 to start so there wouldn’t really be any issues around flying then.

1 Like

This is great to see Blizzard. I hope we get into the trend of opening flying to all accounts when that content becomes legacy.

1 Like

One of the most sensible changes I’ve heard in a long time, thank you! :+1:

5 Likes

True but pro flyers have energy and passion on their side. Don’t give up! Freeeeeeeeeedom for flight is near. :woman_teacher: :man_teacher:

5 Likes

Thank you SO much!

3 Likes

Umm… so do the previous two? They are keeping them so that if you actually DO Pathfinder, you get the “extra perk” that comes with it.

Otherwise, you just get flying.

Unless you are asking why BfA wasn’t mentioned here, in which case… maybe they just haven’t gotten that far yet?

I think we are going to need a source on this one. In fact, most PvP players just straight-up hate flying altogether from what I’ve seen, because it makes it so people can escape them by flying away.

4 Likes

Will alts be able to fly as soon as we get to WoD content if we already have pathfinder done, or will they have to wait till level 30?

4 Likes

The war will not be over until flying is unlockable on expansion launch day via no more than exploration, quest completion, and MAYBE honored reps.

18 Likes