Fly Hacking + LUA Unlockers = Vast amount of bots. Why doesn't Blizzard not fix this?

Sure, they don’t control the content of blizzard games, but they answer to same shareholders who would refuse to spend money on anything that doesn’t directly impact the bottom line of the earnings report. Not the first company to be run into the ground chasing quarterly profits.

you obviously have zero constructed input on this matter, just a troll flapping his wings.

No response from Blizzard on LUA Unlockers and fly hacking still. Sad.

Yea I’ve cancelled my sub. I give up on this company.

1 Like

Same here and I probably know 100s who have as well.

Blizzard clearly has no integrity as they value revenue from bots above their nom cheating customers.

2 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/herbalism-bots-plaguing-bfa/6981/28

It doesn’t affect Activision if a few 100 unsub, that is just simply the cost of doing business. Even if a 100 players knew a 100 people that unsub it wouldn’t even dent their profit margin but allowing botters to continue do their thing is guaranteed and reliable revenue that won’t diminish unless they get their account terminated which costs time to go through each specific case.

There are hundreds of thousands of bot accounts, likely half million+.

When Vanilla WoW first released, a single company alone had 400k not accounts. Youtube search “Markee chinese farmer interview”.

Plus remember Wowhead, Thottbot, etc were purchased by one that did half a billion USD in sales a year.

If it isn’t getting fixed, then let’s all do it…you know so we can all experience the content in Classic…

I am being ironic.

I wonder if they can’t completely break the botting software cause it uses the same functions as a GM.

But yeah

This should be possible. It should be possible to flag a toon moving in a unnatural direction. The flight paths go on preset routes, so you can exclude that. You should also be able to flag GM toons so they don’t set off the alert. But, that flag is something that could be copied, so you’d end up back where you started.

Its too expensive to apparently

Not if it is done server-side. All security related checks need to be done server-side. Blizzard is seemingly intentionally not doing this as they want the 500k bot account monthly money.

2 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/herbalism-bots-plaguing-bfa/6981/28

Do you think that it could be related to the “servers” being completely virtual now as opposed to real, individual servers like it was in the past? Maybe they think the load would slow down the servers. IDK, just trying to figure this out.

PS did this with $5/month virtual server on a PS with 20k active users. Basically vastly more than Bliz servers with an insignificant cost.

Basically there is ZERO reason Blizzard is not fixing this other than they intentionally are not banning bots due to $$.

1 Like

I get the feeling you want to rant about bots rather than like, actually take 5 minutes to learn anything about why they’re not an easy thing to squash.

1 Like

Take a look at the OP, literally shows 2 easy fixes to remove bulk of all bots:

Well its not exactly as easy as just flipping a switch. They gotta figure out how to do that effectively.

If a PS with zero funding ran by teenagers living with their parents can figure this out, I am sure a $20 billion dollar Blizzard Activision can figure it out if they wanted to. In a day.

2 Likes

what? bot banning? yeah just pay human beings to ban bots. pay them per banned bot. if they get too many complaints fire them. easy business stuff. really linear.