Floating Combat Text Not Displaying on Self

Hi there,

I was playing tonight and noticed that floating combat text is no longer displaying above my character when I’m the target of my own healing or shielding spell. The text does display as normal when I target and heal or shield someone else though – players, NPCs, etc.

I don’t believe it’s related to an addon, I’ve tried turning the few that I have off, relogging, and even restarting my computer. I did some searching on the internet and found these commands to try (along with a few others):

/console floatingCombatTextCombatHealing 1
and
/console floatingCombatTextCombatDamage 1

Nothing I’ve tried has been able to solve the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this has been consuming my evening trying to figure this out.

One thing to note, I tried (at the suggestion of a friendly person in Orgrimmar general chat) turning on scrolling combat text in the Interface → Combat options, and that isn’t what I’m referring to in this post. This is specific to the numbers that display above the target of a spell’s character.

Thanks

(Copied and pasted this here in the UI forums at the suggestion of someone in the customer support forum) link to the original thread.