Flight form should have a separate skyriding toggle from mounts

If I wanted to use dragonriding/skyriding, I would use a mount. When I hit the instant cast flight form button, I want to be able to instantly take flight. I want to be able to hover in the air while I type in guild chat, scratch an itch, pet my dog, alt-tab, step out of the room, etc. Flight form has always been separate from mounts, beginning with the cast time. Why are we being forced into an all or nothing choice on dragonriding? I get it, it’s new and popular, but fact is, not everyone loves it and not everyone wants to use it all the time. Putting flight form on a separate toggle so that you can choose to leave all your other mounts on dragonriding mode and flight form on auto should not be that difficult. No more so than having a separate “travel form” and “mount form” button on your bar. (seriously, why are these separate?)

20 Likes

Not only all that, but it’s a straight up nerf compared to mounts as we can take off as soon as we are mounted but because flight form is instant cast the GCD prevents you from taking off instantly which we could do before.

Please allow us to either change skyriding specifically for flight form or take it off the GCD so we can make use of our flight capabilities faster.

7 Likes

The easiest solution is making 2 flight form buttons.

4 Likes

Agreed, +1.

1 Like

I completely agree. I want my flight form a separate choice for skyriding. I can’t see any reason to not allow us that option in the first place. I thought I wanted skyriding for Flight Form until we got it. Now I’m back peddling hard. lol

3 Likes

I disagree, in that skyriding in flight form is super fun, and should be an option. I would be very disappointed if that new awesome thing was removed from the game simply to provide for a few people who don’t like skyriding. It’s not that you shouldn’t get what you want too, though, so to provide for people like yourself who aren’t into it, I think we need a glyph. This glyph should be applicable to flight form or any skyriding mount in your collection, and should simply put that mount/form in permanent steady flight until you remove the glyph.

2 Likes

Agreed!!
This is BS!!
Why nerf a CORE Druid ability?

Its not enough they merged Travel Form and Flight Form now they Killed Flight Form (what was left of it)

/shakes fist angrily

2 Likes

What do you disagree with? Did you actually ready my suggestion before posting? I never said anything about removing skyriding from the game. I literally said that Druid Flight form should be on a SEPARATE toggle from the one currently in the game so that it’s no longer an ‘all or nothing’ choice.

Agree - I think this is a universally desired change, and I hope Blizzard considers it.

1 Like

I’d actually love to have the option to be able to enable skyriding on just specific mounts - even on other classes. For e.g. let’s say I want something like a Cloud Serpent for Skyriding, but I want a disc style mount like the Compass just to hover with.

If we’re able to separate it like this it offers greater flexibility.

4 Likes

Exactly, should be like that.

1 Like

Just dropping by to show support for being able to have flight form be toggled to non dragonriding, while other mounts still use dragonriding.

Dragonriding toggle for specific mounts? That works
A glyph for flight form that disables dragonriding? That works
Two different flight form buttons, one for each type of flight? That works

Don’t really care what the solution is, so long as I can still zoom around using dragonriding, and then flip to non dragonriding flight form when I need finesse, or am traveling short distances.

3 Likes

Pardon, I missed that I wasn’t replying to the post directly above mine, which is what I was disagreeing with. Didn’t mean to confuse you. But now that you mention it, I do disagree with you that flight form needs a separate toggle. Again, rather, EVERY MOUNT OR FORM should get a separate toggle in the form of a glyph that you can apply to anything you choose. Maximum player choice usually is best.

Hi all

So i can toggle Flight Form ON instead of Dragon Riding but it keeps defaulting back to Dragon Riding.

Is this a bug are as intended?

Im getting sick of needing to toggle Dragon Riding OFF after every Battleground.

Fix this please. Flight form feels terrible.

Agreed - this change has made flight form feel horrible.

Please give us the option to keep flight form as it was.

Agreed.

The lack of feedback from blizzard on this issue is disturbing, given the feedback provided by the player base. Come on Blizz, get it together…