Flickering Textures

Hey guys,

I know this has been brought up as an issue for other since December with the Cyberpunk Nvidia drivers 460.xx but I have yet to see a solution?

Some mention switching to DX11 from 12 fixes it but this is a big performance dump for me. Any solution here? I just updated to the latest game-ready drivers with no improvement. Seems to happen randomly, have tried tinkering with lots of different graphic settings without any help.

I am on a Razer Blade 17" RTX 3080 4k laptop. Thanks.

Tech support forum would be a better place for this one :slight_smile:

Shoot thought I was on tech support

Should be able to edit this thread and choose the other forum I think.

Thanks, updated it

By the way - per one of the Blizz recommendations, as it is happening currently and driving me nuts, I switched Shadow Quality to LOW which removed immediately the flickering but big hit on visuals! Any higher setting than LOW and it comes right back

EDIT: Looks like MOST of the texture flickering improves with the above still have flickering on character armor pieces even at LOW

When I was having this issue (it hasn’t happened for me for a while now), I switched to Windowed mode and it immediately stopped. I’d go full screen with that and left all my other settings alone. So no real change in performance for me.

Now, I’m on a 2060 and not a 3080, so I don’t know if there’d be any change for you or if this trick even works currently. But I thought I’d mention it just in case :wink:

Seemed to help for like seconds but as soon as I moved or moused over something, flickering back

nVidia acknowledged this is their own bug, so that’s why there isn’t a solution posted in these forums. Some workarounds are in the megathread, and I recommend posting there instead of this duplicate.

1 Like

You know back 2-3 years or so there were a lot of flickering issues caused by Windows settings. I dug up my old paste for those:

Go to the main wow folder retail or classic folder. At the bottom of the list is a Wow icon (W) icon.

Right click on the Wow icon. Select “Properties” at bottom of list. Then select “Compatibility” tab along top of next pane.

At the bottom of the pane select (check) “Disable Fullscreen Optimization”

Next go to Windows > Settings > Gaming. Disable anything you can under Game Bar - Captures and Game Mode