Flickering Textures!

Edit:
I’ve changed the resolution scale (not the actual resolution) from 100% to 67% and that seems to have fixed things. Why 67%? Because 1440p seems not to be causing flickering so far, but you can try another %. 50% at 4K would be 1080p, 67% is 1440p.

Hello,

I’m trying to figure out what’s causing the flickering in the game.

I’ve had this issue when I had my old PC, Nvidia 1080Ti and Intel 7800x. I’ve tried changing it from DX12 to 11, I’ve tried lowering the shadows to low, as one of the other posts mentioned with no luck.

I’m now running an Nvidia 3080, Intel 10900K, new Mobo, Ram, Ssds. This was happening before shadowlands and I’m still getting it now. I’ve tried all the suggested fixes so far, with no luck in getting this fixed. I’m not running any AA, or triple buffering. I am running the latest drivers, but so is my friend who is having no issues and most of his setting are default, with AA and TB on.

One of my friend’s who also just upgraded has the same issue as I do. Both of us are running 4k monitors, the other friend who is running a 3080, 1440p monitor seems to not have this issue. Changing resolutions did not help, just removed the flickering for a little bit.

https://youtu.be/tpcvfyny9pw
https://youtu.be/2h7u0MnKJG0

Sometimes the flickering is on NPCs, bushes, trees, it’s quite bad…

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Which date is your driver from? The Jan 21st 2021 version caused this problem for me, but Jan 26th 2021 version fixed it.

I’ve had this issue from before shadowlands. I’m on current drivers. I also have a friend using a 4k monitor and is also having issues, but changing resolutions is not a permanent fix. Another friend with a 3080, 9900k on 1440p monitor is not having issues.

Try specifically selecting your card in the video settings, instead of auto.

If that doesn’t work…

Re-download the latest driver, and perform a clean install. If it doesn’t improve, try using DDU to remove all drivers. This is a common issue on driver versions from late last year throughout most of January.

I’ve been getting them for the past couple of months. 9700K 2070 Super @ 3440x1440. Latest driver. I tried selecting graphics card and that didn’t fix. The only way I’ve found to get rid of them is by switching to DX 11.

If you go to game ready driver forums you will see that it is a known issue many are having and is even a sticky on their forums btw what are your addons for your interface looks really cool!!

Had this same problem tonight when i connected my pc to my 4k tv. Turned on triple buffering and it stopped.

I’ve done everything from using the DDU utility tool to remove all the Nvidia files, to selecting the GPU in the setting to my video card and it did nothing. I’ve done this multiple times!

Now, I said that changing resolutions was a temporary fix, and I still think it is, but what I did differently was changing the resolution scale from 100% to 67%.

I’ve been playing the game for a few hours without any flickers, I don’t believe this is a permanent fix, but so far so good.

If anyone is on a 4k screen, instead of changing your resolution, try changing your resolution scale in WoW settings and see if that helps you.

I’ll keep the post updated is things change.

Edit:
Flickering came back for a little bit. My friend tried changing the resolution scale from his 1440p monitor to 200% and said he got the flickering.

Seems WoW does not like 4K resolutions?

I reverted back to the 457.51 Nvidia Driver and the flickering goes away. I am running 1440p with 200% Resolution Scale.