Flew through the world, now can't log in

I was on a Ferry near Ruby Life Shrine when my internet crapped out. My character continued flying but didn’t stop at the top of the shrine, it kept flying through the world, under the mountains etc… I logged out and then tried to log back in. When I log in, I see my character floating with a parachute for about 1/2 second and then the game disconnects. I have tried logging in unsuccessfully 10 times.

This sounds like a classic “Stuck Character” problem.

I would try the Self-Service Option link below first. It could also be a problem with your setup, but considering how it happened, I wouldn’t bother doing a Reset unless the Self-Service option doesn’t work on its own.

In many situations, the character is simply stuck online and the error will resolve itself. If your character was disconnected, avoid logging into that character for 15 minutes. You may play on other characters in the mean time. Once 15 minutes have passed, try logging back into the stuck character. If that does not work, please try the following:

1. Corrupted temporary game data can cause this issue. Resetting the UI can often resolve this
  2. Scanning and Repairing the WoW client can fix problems with the game client itself
  3. Use the self-service option to move your character

If you still can’t login after 15 minutes and following these steps, please contact us for assistance.

2 Likes