Flasks no longer 3 per craft

Did they shadow nerf alchemy i just crafted flasks and its only doing 2 per now and not procing i did 30 crafts. Idk why they dont announce changes i just lost 1k gold

1 Like

I crafted hundreds possibly over 1000 alchemy pots. Yes they ninja nerfed it without a doubt. Earlier today I was getting 3x per craft. This evening I went to craft 50 fire resist pots and only got 100 (double). So I crafted a other 40 mongoose to confirm the nerf for myself as a sanity check and only got 80.

Its a seasonal server dont sweat the game.

Tell blizz that

How is crafting pots sweating the game? Aint that just playing it?

same as xmute, can not get an extra proc hardly ever, think that was ninja nerfed as well .

ā€¦waitā€¦are you crafting things that arenā€™t already profitable and hoping it becomes profitable via Luck???

1 Like

no, heā€™s crafting things based on the price of the regular mats creating 3x flasks (100% occurrence rate) that was randomly nerfed to 2x, thereā€™s no luck about it

1 Like

Are we at least getting 2x Arcanite Bars still? If we arenā€™t Iā€™ll be extremely disappointed.

The random stealth nerf to Alchemy is a load of crap. Lot of value lost and herbs are just sky high in price. Gift of Arthas is only 1xing, not even getting 2x off of it.

Thank you for explaing that for me lol wouldnt think it would even have to be explained lol

As I understood it, they made it so the was always a +1 proc with the chance to get additional; not exceeding the 5 max (1 base + 4 proc).

Ah. Here it is:

• Alchemists specialized in Mixology and Transmutation will now always get at least 1 extra resource produced by their specialized recipes. The maximum received from a single recipe is still 4.

(source: Season of Discovery Hotfixes - July 17 - #443 by Kaivax)

So, unless Flasks were already making 2ā€¦which I donā€™t think they were - I never bothered with Flask-making because of the table locations. You should only be getting 2 Flasks, guaranteed, with the chance to get up to 5 total (1 base + 4 proc).

((Even that might be wrong, it might be 1 base + 3 proc. But in TBC Iā€™ve transmuted and gotten ā€œx5ā€ so I assume itā€™s 1 base + 4 proc.))

Aaaaand, from what I remember reading about SoDā€™s alchemy masteries, theyā€™d work like they did in TBC. With the except that Potion Mastery would include Potion, Elixirs, and likely Flasks.

((Blizzard is terrible at explaining how stuff works so itā€™s difficult to find out if something is working ā€˜as intendedā€™ or not.))

I figure you werenā€™t using TSM or were second-guessing it, if you did use it.

My alchemist pretty much only transmutes now because all the potions are ā€˜in the redā€™ by double digits.

ā€¦and every time I comment on that, I get told about the procs. Meaning people are crafting these potions, that at face value (aka no proc) are ā€˜at a lossā€™, hoping that procs will make the crafted potion profitable. To which, I have to remind people to never assume profit is around the corner. ((Yes, I rub my lobes as I say this.))

These stealth hotfixing are getting out of hand. Between this and the fact shaman are STILL broken for yet another phase, I donā€™t even feel like playing anymore.

2 Likes

All last week up until tuesday all the flasks was a guarenteed x3 so if u lose on 1 or 2 u make it back on the third. Which was guarenteed profit. If you bought mats on tuesday to go craft your flasks thinking it was going to x3 like all the other times you have done it just to find out it was shadow nerfd to x2 it puts you at break even or red. Idc that its x2 now but that information needs to be put out with the blue post for patch changes.

1 Like

Sounds like Flasks were broken then. Iā€™m pretty sure the x2 didnā€™t happen until Wrath, when, Iā€™m pretty sure, Flasks were dropped from 2hr to 1hr duration.

So for SoD, you should have always been getting x1 and then later x2 with the change to Potion Mastery (again assuming it also affected Flasks).

Not saying they should post a Hotfix update post. Just commenting that people need to stop relying on procs to profit.

This will increase the price of flasks unfortunately.

I made 5k gold in the last week with the procs so it worked out. My only complaint is to say something take the 2 secound to type it into the blue post that they are already typeing

1 Like

if there is no incentive to craft the flasks then there will be no supply