Flasks are still 200g+ each?

Blizzard…

What we know is:

Old population caps were at 2,500ish players
New population caps are 10,000-11,000 players
Plus you have to take into account that most players are try hard…
(unlike before)

Yet you only halfed the spawn time and added some more locations?

My math might be wrong but don’t you need to multiply spawns by x4-x5 in order to get Black Lotus on the same playing field as vanilla?

Flasks are still 200g+ a piece so I don’t think this problem is solved just yet.

It’s weird on my server the price of lotus has dropped to 100g, but ppl are still trying to sell flasks at 250g. It only takes 30 dreamfoil 18g a stack and 10 silversage 35g a stack. So 18*2=36 35/2=17.5 36+17.5+100 =153.5g. The price of the supreme power recipe has almost doubled in price though from about 200-250g to 400-500g.

I think it is just the people that offloaded a ton of lotus trying to find other things to put their gold into. Fortunately I have the recipe and can herb dreamfoil and silversage so my flasks only cost me 100g based on the price of BL.

Black Lotus prices are still stabilizing around the new normal. Many people were panic selling(dummies). We had little information on what the new spawn timers would be so there was no reason to sell anything right away. Don’t be surprised if new black lotus price stabilizes some where between 100-200g. Even then, it’s still far too expensive. Expect to see blizzard further increase the spawn time when they realize inflated gold economies give some players incredibly buying power to rule the auction house.

This is because there are a ton of flask sellers and resellers who paid previous market prices, with the fallen price of lotus they lose quite a bit of gold.

They are still trying to make some of their money back at this point, give it time prices will fall.

1 Like

Depending on the server I’d say 100-150g. They increased the spawn over 6 times. Two lotus every 15 minutes instead of one lotus every 50-70 minutes and added more locations to make it much harder to multibox or bot. The price was partially due to hoarding by large guilds, mafias and gold sellers.

Just put 3 extra spawn points in.

1 in Stratholme, 1 in Dire Maul, 1 in ZG

The market takes time to correct. Gonna take at least a few weeks to know if it worked.

Its simple.

Dont.Buy.Them

The BL market was already waay more over saturated than it appeared because people hoarded. Now it is even more so with the change. People are trying their best to prop up markets but they cant succeed. Everyday the supply grows and the value goes down. So just wait them out.

1 Like

It’s going to take a bit for prices to go down. There was a steep decline in prices with the initial announcement from hoarders panic selling and Lotus went from about 150g down to 100g in 2 days on my server. The other thing you need to keep in mind is the prices of other flask materials like Gromsblood and Dreamfoil have actually gone up now that Lotus are no longer the production bottleneck. Before there were more way more of those herbs supply because Lotus were the main factor preventing flasks from being made. Also the flasks themselves will probably take a bit longer to go down. Usually it takes a bit longer for a finished product to go down than the actual materials.

stop being cheap and buy them, if you don’t like the price go make your own.

It still takes effort to make flasks, you have to go to ether BWL or Scholomance to make the flasks, there will be a mark up in price for that.

80-85g black lotus on my server

Flask of supreme power 140-150g this was last night(Monday)

only on certain servers, average servers are like 5K, and yea thats like twice vanilla.

The real difference is the % of the players who raid now vs vanilla, thats the biggest contribution.

Gromsblood and dreamfoil will always be cheap thanks to DM:E. Eel is to easy to fish to make it expensive. Silversage will go up, but it can be herbed in Silithus, EPL, WPL, Un’goro, Felwood, Azshara and Winters Spring.

Flasks are just taking longer to adjust in value than lotus because people that had hoarded lotus panic sold, but not everyone can make a flask and there are only two alchemy labs one is in BWL. The supply will probably mean lotus will be about 100g on most servers, except the mega servers.

Yeah supreme powers still going for 285g on my server last night.

using the term “new normal” is bad enough. Using it to describe black lotus market in wow…LOL