Flamepatch

Can we make this a stacking DOT please?

The amount of pug tanks that just don’t know to keep it the mob pack still is unreal.

Also, sanguine really screws it over.

2 Likes

anotha one

2 Likes

:rofl:

every mage that’s ever played fire knows this sinking feeling when you open your bust you lay wreaths of flame around a big aoe pack…only to have the tank look down, see the fire, say “nah not for me” and move it 2 steps away from your patch.

As someone that plays both a tank and a mage I park myself right there no matter how painful it may get xD. I respect my dps and how they’d want pulls done.

That said to answer your original post…idk if making it a stacking dot again would be the best idea without a rework of the spec…which I think they should rework the spec. The only reason Slands Fire has been as fun as it has been has been the degree of CDR which makes it feel very fast paced. Urh relics put this on steroids somewhat in the current patch. The AOE rotation while not bad has also just not been very inspiring while the ST rotation remains fairly fun and fast paced. If a rework were to happen making fire more of a dot maintaining spec with big burst to fuel the dot would be fun with a reversion of combustion to something more like what it was in cata. And in that sense flamepatch being converted to a different aoe dot (old version of living bomb says hi) would be conducive to this playstyle and also be really fun.

2 Likes

[Flame Patch] should be reworked into making [Flamestrike] strike a second time for reduced damage after 1 or 2 seconds like Kael’thas’ in Heroes of the Storm.

1 Like

Wasn’t this a thing in legion with artifact power?

I believe so, but I think that should replace [Flame Patch] entirely.

1 Like

Yea. If youve ever played any spec with a ground effect, there is NOTHING more aggravating then some dumb*** tank kiting out of your spells.
Flame patch
Comet storm
Blizzard
Frozen orb
Other classes
Resonating arrow
Wild spirits
Volley
Essentially 90% of covenant spells, most aoe spells, etc…
With the high mobility of today’s playstyle, ground effect spells need to go away. They dont fit anymore.

2 Likes

Like in Legion you mean. Felomelorn talent tree did that.

That as well.

This is exactly how it was in Nyalotha. We stacked the crap out of ignite via combustion and that was all our damage. It was hella fun but it got nerfed to the ground. Honestly, casting flamestrike during combustion just feels bad. It is not a fun playstyle.

100% agree. When you have affixes literally designed to make you move mob packs, ground effects need to be removed and their damage component needs to be reworked.

2 Likes

Oh the pain of having sanguine and having the tank move out of my flame patch gives me a sinking feeling.

I agree with the rework. Make it so flamestrike hit the pack multiple times.

I feel the same way with Blizzard.

Me: Casts Blizzard

Tank: Sliiiiide to the left! Sliiiiiide to the right! CRISS-CROSS! CRISS-CROSS! Everybody clap yo’ hands!

:man_facepalming:

1 Like

Oh! I love that son…

Tank: Pick up the dps, mage!$*<281

:sob:

Like what has been said before frozen orb, blizzard and flamepatch need to be fixed some how, tanks kiting out of our stuff is dumb af and happens all the time. Kiting meta sucks :frowning:

1 Like