Flame Shock Spread

Since we are going into the next season with the same tier can we please get a quality of life update with Flame Shock spread. It was pretty obvious at the start of this season how slow it was to set up compared to the majority of other classes. It’s capped at 6 targets. How many other classes are hard capped at 6? What does it hurt to speed up the spread on the cooldown of our only dot?

What if we got another 50% buff to earthquake, our spender that requires tanks to stand still? Maybe it would feel better to press it. What did that 50% buff to earthquake do? Further Beyond was heavily nerfed because it was degenerate, but DRE is a required choice so what was the point? We are still ignoring our spenders. Now we’re two cap stones that have never been used since talent trees were launched.

We are already the ugly step child compared to druids, we’ve lost our class fantasy, we don’t bring anything unique anymore, maybe just make the game play feel better

3 Likes

Speaking for Enhance since we also deal with this issue, a good fix would be to make Lava Lash baseline spread Flame Shock to 3 targets and then the Molten Assault would spread it one additional target per point. That way it would remove needing to Flame Shock another target and then start the P-wave setup on another target. Would also help out greatly for Fire Nova should it come back into use.

They also need to fix some of the wonky Z-axis issues with its spread. 2nd and 3rd bosses of DHT and first boss of Everbloom are examples of bosses where it doesn’t spread to adds unless they are super close to the center of the boss model when you Lava Lash the targets.

2 Likes

I never put my finger on it but this exact issue has driven me nuts, thank you!

1 Like

I think for ele specifically, flame shock maintenance is horrible. For enhance, you can cast it once a fight and basically have it up for the whole pull. Ele really needs some QOL like that because if you dont have fire ele up on pull, you will have to manually reapply flameshocks which is even worse if you dont have liquid magma totem off cd. Also can we talk about how bad fire ele is as a cd? The only real benefit it brings is longer flameshocks

I kind of wish Lava Burst or Chain Lightning could spread Flame Shock to nearby enemies if Flame Shock was on the targeted enemy.

Personally if I had to choose a way to improve flame Shock spread I would want surge of power to spread it to more than just 1 additional target. At least 2, but preferably 3 targets.

Or reduce the cooldown on magma totem so it could be used every pull.

3 Likes

This would be nice. It’s not like it does that much damage really, it’s just a QoL button with a cd that’s too long.

This is what I think I would like to see as well.

Ele has tools to spread. They are just weak. Rather than introduce a completely new method, I think I’d rather buff the methods we do have.

Honestly its pretty hard NOT to keep it active, It took 6~7 LB to reset my CD on P.wave against target dummies, Flame shock kept spreading and refreshing, posted here: https://imgur.com/gallery/1mZkw10

That’s because you’re fighting a training dummy and mostly likely only have 5 out of 6 dots up… you should be able to keep 100% uptime there. But in keys and raid, flame shock does not always spread to targets on a slightly different axis’ (like stairs. drop 2 magma totems on the second step next to the dummies in valdrakken and it’ll most likely refresh the same 3 targets), or refreshes on a target that already has it, or even more likely lands on a mob that dies very fast leaving you without the full effect of Splintered Elements or tier set.

Earthquake has a similar problem with being on a different axis, but that problem is probably consistent with all specs that have to drop aoe abilities on the ground.

I agree with Antaris, spreading flame shock to one additional target with surge or power would help. I think that would also help with the gamble of DRE which we’re forced into for another season.

1 Like

Keeping 5 flameshocks out on permanent mobs is a ton easier than having to constantly build back up to 5 from nothing in a quick and efficient manner.

2 Likes

That is true, its a bit different in the wild, especially with various factors based on what dungeon/raid/ you’re in. With Fire Elemental present its 46 seconds on a Flame Shock on its reapplication, with a 4.5 second CD I think that is pretty good, Id like to see the cap removed or put to 8+ or more.
Like Symm mentioned, Magma totem doesn’t always apply it properly.
I would like to see if it had a cast hit range similar to holy nova on the totem placement, and applied Flame Shock to all targets hit, and not just 3.