Flagging is the new downvote

Agreed but did you put in a ticket to challenge the ban?

Like I said to wife, never go a convenience store after midnight then. The things said in some make even sailor blush.

real life threats get perm bans just FYI Andros.

If you flag on different characters they each count. I know the # it takes to get a post to go away too.

I think the fact that a moderator was forced to review it and saw there was no real threat is why he wasn’t perma banned, but because of this easily-abused system they got suspended for 6 days.

1 Like

When you look for trouble you will almost always find it. It may not come in the form you expect, but you’ll get it. They deserved the trouble they got.

5 Likes

Do you know the meaning of the expression “live by the sword, die by the sword”?

1 Like

No it doesn’t. Go right ahead and try, report my first reply.

So someone chose the wrong report option. Doesn’t really matter as suspension durations beyond 24 hours, “that can be done automatically with enough reports,” must be reviewed by a moderator.

2 Likes

Does a ban only affect your use of the forums, or is it a ban from the game as well?

Just the forums

Yup, seen a guy kept telling the wife. It was only one time. More he said it. madder she got.

I’m actually happy that you’re right and they’ve fixed it.

It was not like that when the forums launched.

I have been banned more times in the last month than the previous 12 years combined lol

4 Likes

Yes, it means if you go through life slaying people with your sword, after you live a long life and die of natural causes your sword should be placed in your coffin by your body so that it may rest next you for all eternity. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The one time on the old forums I felt a suspension was completely unfair I put in a ticket. It was reviewed and the CM agreed. The mark was removed from my account. If you really think you did nothing wrong, then I recommend it.

8 Likes

I feel like the removal of the downvote was simply silly. It didn’t do anything bad. This idea that the forums have to be a safe space where we can only like / upvote something is, to me, boring.

I agree that people who have a disagreement should voice it themselves, but I also feel like they should be able to downvote it whenever. And this is coming from me, someone who is full well aware that some people on these forums despise me for my way of speaking, and my views.

And you know what? That’s okay.

Florence is definitively NOT the poster who needs to “grow up.”

14 Likes

Being triggered by words is pretty darn childish.

2 Likes

Ain’t nobody “triggered.” You just wanted to use that snarlword, triggered, to try and spice up your otherwise bland thoughts.

All i am saying is if you go around with names like that, you’re gonna get trouble and when it comes it’s funny. You can laugh at nasty names, I can laugh at people with nasty names getting punished.

15 Likes

qft

/10chars

9 Likes