Fixing the Full Server Fiasco

It’s clear Herod is unsustainably overpopulated.

The best way to get pressure off is to get whole guilds to move.

The best way to get whole guilds to move is to allow an organized process and time for communication (not three hours notice in the middle of the day and a name-grabbing free-for-all).

I’m not telling our people to “jump and hope.”
We have people with names like “Emily”. You don’t just walk away from that.

Give me a circumstance where I can let people keep what they have and maybe even get something better, and I can justify a move.

Otherwise, no way.

4 Likes

blah blah blah.
Create character on new server . didn’t get your name and it’s that big of a deal, then stay where you are.
If you didn’t use all 3 you still have room to create another.

1 Like

Guilds especially won’t move if they want to be sure to have a population to recruit from once people start leaving

If you’re that attached to your name that you won’t move servers, then don’t. Just deal with the server queue.

remember guys
herod has a faction imbalance in favor of the horde
it is preferable that hordes leave, for now at least

It’s not something that will really get fixed after the fact until launch. For people that are just rolling on a server on their own… they may move. When various Guilds spent time deciding where to be and getting names. Why would they move now?

Once launch happens if people see they are 10,000th in line and it stays that way. They will potentially make a character elsewhere.

Despite name reservation and actually getting the names I wanted. When launch happens if the server I’m on has a large line to get in. Then a new server opens of the appropriate type. I will just roll there and see how it goes.

People are gonna get stuck on low pop realms if you move.

This has happened before.

People will leave if they give the server a decent name. Its no secret why herod was the server that everyone raced to.

This may surprise you:

Blizzard has fixed issues with overflowing servers before.

It is? To whom?

I think we need a source on this.

Absolutely the right answer!

Kaivax

212 posts

Community Manager

2h

Based on name reservations so far, the Herod realm is looking to be massively overpopulated.

*ahem

Everyone keeps claiming this yet won’t provide the source where they got it from.

well all ive got is that the discord consistently has more hordes than allies
and said discord has over 3k members
the faction balance isn’t really bad judging by that, but the less hordes, the, uh less bad

This was your answer then.

Apparently, not everyone read the entire post.

Herod is Balmung. Get ready for a long population battle.

1 Like

Or?

Wipe all realms and start all over

1 Like

Based on vanilla and pserver data, pvp realms lean horde heavy due to the racials being just slightly better, although the opposite is true for pve realms, which have slightly better racials for pve.

Its a very slight tilt though, on a well populated server its around 5%, problem is that number never gets lower, tends to get larger over time, and there is a certain level of imbal that just kills play for an entire faction and you get what happened in live.

Mal’ganis has been 99% horde for a long time but it always had a higher horde pop.

1 Like

Good solution.

So it would seem.