Fixing the Full Server Fiasco

1. Create a new East Coast PVP server.
  2. Give 48 hrs notice
  3. Allow transfers from Herod so people keep their names.
  4. After 24 more hours open for name reservations from accounts with characters already on the realm.

Problem fixed.

EDIT:
You want to fix the problem, facilitate entire guilds moving. That means allowing time for planning and communication and ensuring people can keep good names if they have them.

8 Likes

Most people still won’t leave, it’s the same thing as live servers, they’d rather have queues and play in a guaranteed high pop then possibly go to something that may be dead in 6 months.

2 Likes

Enough people will leave to fix the critical problem.

Nobody with names and community on Herod will:

1. Go to Stalagg because names are already taken and reservation was a short-notice clown fiesta
  2. Jump into a name reservation free-for-all on another new server because it will also be a clown fiesta and they might end up with garbage.

People will move if:

1. They can keep the names they have that they like (transfers before reservations)
  2. Avoid a massive, speculative free-for-all yet still get a shot at a name they want but don’t have (closed reservations for people who already transferred)
2 Likes

More people are playing just to be in a busy server then you give credit for, it’s not all about names, we got names on both stallag and herod but will probably still go herod for the guaranteed population since population is everything in vanilla

You dismiss the resolve of those who remain expecting others to leave. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And another new server right now would be bad for the extended game, we don’t know what the population will be 6-12 months from now, best thing for them to do is just wait til the population stabilizes before adding more

People will not leave easily or willingly. Learned that one from my last 4yrs of playing FF14. Players can be very very stubborn so much to the point they wont leave unless Blizzard meets their costly demands.

I vote no to allowing herods to transfer simply on the basis of people using multiple accounts to instantly reserve so many names accross multiple servers that they dont even plan in actually playing on anyway.

1 Like

It’s clear Herod is unsustainably overpopulated.

The best way to get pressure off is to get whole guilds to move.

The best way to get whole guilds to move is to allow an organized process and time for communication (not three hours notice in the middle of the day and a name-grabbing free-for-all).

I’m not telling our people to “jump and hope.”
We have people with names like “Emily”. You don’t just walk away from that.

Give me a circumstance where I can let people keep what they have and maybe even get something better, and I can justify a move.

Otherwise, no way.

4 Likes

blah blah blah.
Create character on new server . didn’t get your name and it’s that big of a deal, then stay where you are.
If you didn’t use all 3 you still have room to create another.

1 Like

Guilds especially won’t move if they want to be sure to have a population to recruit from once people start leaving

If you’re that attached to your name that you won’t move servers, then don’t. Just deal with the server queue.

remember guys
herod has a faction imbalance in favor of the horde
it is preferable that hordes leave, for now at least

It’s not something that will really get fixed after the fact until launch. For people that are just rolling on a server on their own… they may move. When various Guilds spent time deciding where to be and getting names. Why would they move now?

Once launch happens if people see they are 10,000th in line and it stays that way. They will potentially make a character elsewhere.

Despite name reservation and actually getting the names I wanted. When launch happens if the server I’m on has a large line to get in. Then a new server opens of the appropriate type. I will just roll there and see how it goes.

People are gonna get stuck on low pop realms if you move.

This has happened before.

People will leave if they give the server a decent name. Its no secret why herod was the server that everyone raced to.

This may surprise you:

Blizzard has fixed issues with overflowing servers before.

It is? To whom?

I think we need a source on this.

Absolutely the right answer!

Kaivax

212 posts

Community Manager

2h

Based on name reservations so far, the Herod realm is looking to be massively overpopulated.

*ahem