Fixing the awful BfA story

Your argument was that you think Geya’rah is redundant and you wish she was a different character instead. You may as well just say that we need other Mag’har characters, which I’d agree with.

And you’re underselling it. Based on what we see in questing and assaults, the Mag’har are actually a huge force. They seem to be every clan that was assembled in Gorgrond, which was the main Horde stronghold on Draenor when players showed up to recruit them. Not a lot of people stayed behind with Grom, so the Mag’har numbers should be very substantial. And we directly see her leading and organizing forces both before and after the showdown at Orgrimmar, which is more leading than we’ve seen some racial leaders indulge in.

So you meant to make a statement which is wrong, good to know.

People have been saying Thrall was more like a Human than an Orc for over a decade, cool your “muh loyalist” hard-on already.

Garrosh, his own wife Aggra, the Thrall himself has often enough stated that he doesn’t understand his people, Humans often note how similar he is to them when compared to other Orcs, and the developers have tried like two or three times to bring Thrall “back to his roots” as an Orc.

The Warsong who urged him to do it. Even Grom didn’t care about it morally. Most clans wouldn’t.

The point is, he didn’t do it because he was operating under Human morals. He was raised by Humans, with the Human language, and Humans first taught him their versions of honor and compassion.

Except he didn’t know that. He and everyone else thought it was the Horde, and Thrall refused to apologize for it because he thought that it would upset his people, who it was hugely popular with.

You hush! They’ll hear you and get ideas

Shudder

Why stop at Legion? She was objectively an evil person until at least Cataclysm, where she willingly tried to commit genocide on a neutral kingdom of people that didn’t want anything but to just leave to themselves.

If you truly want Sylvanas to be more of a dark anti-hero rather than an out and out villain protagonist, you’d be baying for Blizzard to retcon her all the way down to Cataclysm, not modern Legion.

Of course I imagine you’re just another one of those stans that think us Gilnean Worgen fans deserve everything bad we get as you continue to demand Blizzard whitewash your Queen no matter how much that comes at the expense of me and others here. We might as well be a joke to you as you and other whitewashing Sylvanas defenders ignore where the evil really began just like Blizzard ignores us beyond being Anduin’s lapdogs.

2 Likes

Really Pyro you don’t see who Geyarah is meant to be the replacement of. Put a dragon under her and you’d swear she was Zaela. Thura and Gorganna don’t really fit as well that tough as nails she wolf who unapologeticly holds orc culture in high regard while still embracing the future rather than being stuck in me zug zug mud hut is the best an orc can do.

Honestly the similarities are so there when we first saw her I was really expecting her to be Garrosh and Zaela’s daughter who was razed in secret back on AU.

1 Like

They’d have to go back to WC3, honestly. Her chunk of the TFT campaign set a tone that carried all the way to WoW, and was outlined explicitly in the Forsaken intro cinematic.

Geya’rah basically can’t come into her own unless they build something off of her goals toward the draenei and/or her stances on loyalty and strength.

1 Like

Perhaps so yes, though I’m of the mind that the bad stuff she did around that time and a bit in vanilla WoW could have maybe been something to come back from, there’s a certain limit anyway before the moral event horizon has been absolutely crossed.

But after doing to Gilneas what Arthas did to Silvermoon and trying to pretend she can rebound back from that and become a better person? No, I’m afraid there’s a double standard at present there if you felt it would have been dumb for Arthas to be redeemed at the same time.

2 Likes

Well why are we arguing then?

That’s not how I saw it in the War campaign. The most we got were a some Orcs firing artillery while we attacked the Norrington Estate. Admittedly, as I am not a loyalist, I have no clue how many were being assembled within Orgrimmar to defend the city in 8.2.5.

What I do know, is that there clearly isn’t enough to have their own settlement within Durotar or even their own district within Orgrimmar.

Just because some Human and Frostwolf ideals are similar doesn’t make them purely human principals. Anyways, I’m not hear to discuss Thrall I’m here to discuss fem-Thrall.

Ok, Thrall isn’t Warsong, he is Frostwolf, a clan that was not part of the demonic corruption of the Old Horde and very much would have moral gripes with killing children. It had nothing to do with his human influences. Just like how Blackhand commented about how his clan would’ve killed Draka when she was young, as she was born weak, which clearly didn’t happen as the Frostwolves did not share these beliefs.

He was also operating under Frostwolf morals.

Yet it was Frostwolf honor and compassion that became the founding principals of the Horde.

I see no resemblance. While Zaela was a strong character with a good balance between honor, compassion, and ruthlessness, Geya’rah is a spineless twit who can’t make up her own mind on what values matter most to her. One minute she’s on loyalty override, the next she’s kissing up to the honor Horde.

I can’t respect a woman with no code.

Yes they can. They just need to be written well and not as a gutless servant to whomever holds the box Scooby snacks at the time. Strong women who are true to their values and not just whatever seems convenient at the time.

“Oh Sylvanas has the upper hand? Guess it’s loyalty.”

“Oh, Sylvanas no longer cares about the Horde? Guess it’s honor.”

Geya’rah is a character who seemingly just picks and chooses what values seem to be more convenient to uphold depending on situation rather than just remaining true to herself in upholding all her values.

Another character that would’ve been more interesting than the cardboard cutout that we got.

A character who’s parents are both Horde war criminals and needs to prove her worth to the faction. That could’ve been really interesting but instead we get fem-Thrall who has the moral consistency of a bag of trail mix.

1 Like

Because while I agree that the Mag’har need more characters, I don’t see why Geya’rah should be a different character. I think her character as it is now is pretty good.

Like I said, check around during the assaults. The Mag’har make a pretty big showing. Also, obviously they wouldn’t get a new settlement in the old world, Blizzard never does that.

But he didn’t learn them from the Frostwolves, he learned them from the Humans. That there are similarities to Frostwolf ideals is ultimately a coincidence. And I didn’t intend to discuss Thrall either, it was you who took issue with my saying that Geya’rah is like Thrall if he had been a warrior and was raised traditionally.

Yes, but Thrall didn’t know any of that at the time. This was the first time he’d ever even spoken to free Orcs, so for all he knew that was just what Orcish morality was like, and he rejected it on the basis of the morality he’d been raised with.

Not that he knew it. Also you should really specify Durotan’s morals, because many Frostwolves, including Drek’thar, didn’t have too much of a problem with what the Old Horde was doing as it was happening.

Debatable really, they just happened to be alike.

Obviously she values loyalty in the reciprocal sense. She doesn’t have no code or couldn’t make up her mind, she saw that Sylvanas had no loyalty to the Horde and so decided that she wasn’t worthy as Warchief.

1 Like

Sylvanas will end up planting a tree…

To hang all the traitors on it.

And then burn it.

That’s the fix I’m waiting for

1 Like

Horde needs a reset.

Best case scenario from here for horde is a ‘populist’ uprising ousting the new order of ‘traitors’, banishing them, and establishing their own ‘Horde Council’. A brand new brace of hitherto unknown, or relatively unknown leaders unsullied by this expansion.

We signed up for red team not mauve or purple.

1 Like