Fixing loot boxes

So loot boxes started off in a way that they Killed alchemy for the next few weeks/months in terms of viability.

Now they are giving scraps of materials that just dont feel good with a smaller chance for alchemy consumables.

So my solution is this.

Make the boses drop items based on that characters professions.

So if i am a alchemist jc i woukd get some herbs and / or gems every box

If i am a miner herbalist i will get ore and herbs (with a higher total number due to being a gathering profession)

This makes the boxes act like getting a little bebifit toward your professions instead of being random and “to good” or “scraps of crap”

The idea is that a gatherer profession would be able to get 2 node worth of materials while crafting professions will get some base matericals used for their professions that woukd be worth a node.

So if you are herbalist alchemist you would get 2 nodes worth of herbs from herbalist and 1 node of herbs worth from alchemist.

Easy fix, just remove those boxes.
We don’t need them.

4 Likes

The boxes arent killing anything lol what.

We had the alliance care packages all of TBC and their impact on our professions was essentially 0.

They didnt give out elixers. Just random herbs ore and some gold.

we do want them sorry not sorry

Yeah, we all want free craft from others professions.

Give me free crafted epic gems please blizzard!!
Oh and please add a free button to be lvl 80 in 1sec!!

1 Like

Isnt that pretty much what they are doing now? Ore and herbs and such? Since the hotfix.

You can still get elixirs. You still have pots. And you still have flasks at lvl 80.

Yea but before it was given out 4-5 elixers pots and some flask.

I just use the items they give. :man_shrugging:

Yeah but you still get like 5 elixirs for 12 boxes so one day of questing.

Who bought 5 elixirs per day before for leveling? No One

So you fixed the bleeding, but you maintain the flooding.

ive just been using them while in dungeons cause why not

Exactly.

I think the only tooning they need to do with it is make the items it gives match the characters professions so it doesnt feel “useless” when you get 1 scrap of leather or 1 ore or 1 herb.

A tank guildie got Anzu out of his reward box for running heroics in a mostly guild group.

Just seems weird.

Bro im here to tell you… 5 elixirs is nothing.

For prog going to need what… at least 30 or so.

5 per day… that you are not even obliged to use right now because they will be only required for raids.

And you just got 100+ of them during the 2 days before the fix.

Neither boxes nor extra loot is warranted, wanted, or necessary. Dungeons and early raids in WotLk is a joke. Why was this crap added at all? It just hurting professions…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.