*FIXED/SOLVED Bugged INPUT LAG SINCE 8.2 HIT, CRASHES

I spent a good 24 hours researching all the problems and symptoms in the forums. My conclusion is, it is a BUG.

Somehow when the trip buffer was molded with what “reduce input lag” option was, that got removed. had a terrible unforeseeable interaction at least in my case.

Below was what happened to me when 8.2 hit and all of a sudden ISSUES "stemming somehow from the removal of “reduce input lag” advanced system option. I think this was some crazy side effect that shouldn’t be possible but happened, and the people i’ve msg’d who i seen in the forums (till i got tired and decided to make this post) all had their issues fixed/solved.

My game had been locking up and crashing a lot, and having input lag. so i finally did a day’s worth of research as to if when Blizzard removed the system advanced “reduce input lag” setting. perhaps some of you are having issues too.

Rommax
WoW Developer
We had several different settings that were only used by 1 backend. They were all consolidated into the Advanced > Triple Buffering option. Triple Buffering off will be the same as what Fix Lag on was trying to do. The fix lag option mapped well to a DX9 option.

well, it’s true. I couldn’t believe my eyes, my games been crashing and i’m having input lag and was getting pissed they took the option out.

I had “Reduce Input Lag” On. then it was removed and my game was crashing, input lag like crazy. everything i read in the 1,000+ posts in the forums about it.

Triple Buffering turned itself on all by itself. I just turned it off. (Verticle Sync has always been off for me anyway) which technically Triple buffering even if turned on should work without verticle sync no?

Either way, the last days of pain freezes and crashes / lag is fixed for me, just by changing that silly setting i didn’t notice the secret ghost in the machine had turned itself on all by itself after the patch.

I hope this information helps others.

Wait, what? Seriously that fixed it for you? I have to try this BRB.

Edit: didn’t make any difference, still have the same lag with low latency.

sorry it didn’t work for you, but it totally crazily did for me.

Also the mod DejaCharacterStats is bugged and causes crashes too if anyone uses