Fixed Mac Install/Update/Initializing Stuck Hang Bug

So mine had all kinds of errors from the beginning.

• First it was telling me it went to sleep and it was just stuck trying to wake up. And I had to force quit every time because it would just freeze up as “not responding”. So I did the full reinstall and switched to the beta version. That allowed me to actually use the client.
  • When I went to install the game, I unchecked auto update, but that still wasn’t working.
  • So I deleted the Indeces folder and replaced it with the one from my Windows computer. Then I was able to install the game at least.
  • But when I went to launch it, I got a new error, something about a CAS system not working, I forget exactly what it said. And then I waited for about 5 minutes, the game never launched, the “Play” button was just stuck greyed out, so I quit the client again.
  • When I re-launched the client and tried to re-launch the game, now the button says “Update” again instead of “Play”. And when I click “Update” it says “Whoops! Looks like something broke. You could try restarting Battle.net”. And of course, restarting Battle.net doesn’t fix the issue.

Like holy crap. I hate to sound like a douche, but installing WoW in Linux is easier than using the officially-supported Mac Battle.net client directly from Blizzard.

EDIT:

I saw the comment from Kaladin where you have to enable Read & Write permissions for the new Indeces folder. Now I’m able to launch the game.

1 Like

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!!! You saved my life. I just bought a new MacBook M3 Max, and while I had ZERO issues installing on my M2… this was a nightmare. Thank you so much for this!!