-Fixed- LUA Error on Character Screen Login?

This is what shows when I load my game:

Message: …e\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua:1822: attempt to index field ‘?’ (a nil value)
Time: Tue Feb 9 23:50:59 2021
Count: 1
Stack: …e\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua:1822: attempt to index field ‘?’ (a nil value)
[string “@Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua”]:1822: in function SpaceAtIndex' [string "@Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua"]:1885: in function StoreFrame_LayoutCard’
[string “@Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua”]:1700: in function StoreFrame_GetPageInfo' [string "@Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua"]:1725: in function StoreFrame_SetCategoryProductCards’
[string “@Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua”]:1668: in function `StoreFrame_SetCategory’
[string “@Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua”]:2203: in function <…e\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua:2193>

Locals: self = {
currentCol = 1
currentRow = 1
Init = defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua:1779
xOffset = 0
SpaceAtIndex = defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua:1821
numRows = 2
yOffset = 0
grid =

{
}
FindNextEmptyIndex = defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua:1804
numCols = 4
AdjustYOffsetForNewRow = defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua:1863
GetNextSpaceOnRow = defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua:1837
IsGridFull = defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua:1800
FillSpaceAtIndex = defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua:1848
Reset = defined @Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua:1788
}
cardTemplate = nil
row = 1
col = 1
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = “attempt to index field ‘?’ (a nil value)”
productCardTemplateData =
{
VerticalLargeStoreCardWithBuyButtonTemplate =
{
}
SmallStoreCardTemplate =
{
}
MediumStoreCardTemplate =
{
}
VerticalFullStoreCardWithBuyButtonTemplate =
{
}
HorizontalFullStoreCardWithBuyButtonTemplate =
{
}
HorizontalLargeStoreCardTemplate =
{
}
MediumStoreCardWithBuyButtonTemplate =
{
}
HorizontalLargeStoreCardWithBuyButtonTemplate =
{
}
VerticalLargeStoreCardTemplate =
{
}
}

I’m also experiencing a large lag that may be related to this?

You need to do a full UI reset to resolve such an issue.

Thank you! That worked.

I got this same Lua Error suddenly, when you say it requires full UI reset, will I have to redo my addons setup etc? Please tell me no lol, I’m putting months of effort into my UI right now.

Nope I just figured it out. For me, I had to open the Battle.net version of WoW (not through Curseforge). There was an update. Once it updated, I logged back in through curseforge with all of my addons and the error was gone. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Was having the same problem for the last week. Always launch through Battle.Net app and never through any other add-on manager. I realized from the error details that the problem was with the Blizzard Store

…e\AddOns\Blizzard_StoreUI\Blizzard_StoreUISecure.lua:1822: attempt to index field ‘?’ (a nil value)

I noticed the “Scan and Repair” option was grayed out on the BNet options for WoW, which typically means there’s an update of some kind in progress. But for whatever reason, BNet wouldn’t acknowledge it was doing an update and also wouldn’t actually start the update.

I just renamed my Cache folder to CacheOLD and re-opened BNet. Boom, WoW update started (was a small one) and don’t have this problem any more. Didn’t have to touch my Interface or WTF folders, and never had to disable or remove any of my in-game add-ons.

Guessing there was a store update that got stuck in BNet limbo for whatever reason.

3 Likes

had the same error, after reading your posts i realized i had a update waiting that was not proceeding. I had to use task manager to kill any thing wow / bnet / overwolf related then on the next blizzard app load it patched fine. Hope that helps

I had the same problem. I checked what was running on my machine, and found two apps that were WoW voice apps. I restarted my Mac and relaunched WoW and the problem went away.

Thanks all for the assist.

2 Likes

Awesome, that worked…thanks!

1 Like