Fixed Covenant has gotta be the worst design EVER

On this forum, wanting to play well makes you an “elite player”.

I disagree with that playstyle honestly, if they didn’t want us playing multiple characters they could have locked us to one of them. I like mixing things up and learning how various classes work, it helps me raid lead since I can tell why people are struggling rather then that they are struggling. Its also nice for random groups because I know what my group should be able to do. People are not obligated to pick a spec, you don’t choose your spec when you make your character.

If a character has gear for a roll I don’t see why they shouldn’t be able to use that roll. Covenants currently just obstruct the fun of experimenting with gameplay for no real benefit. I’ve only used some covenants in beta and the ptr because I won’t dare swap on live or risk losing motivation to play the character at all upon finding that the experiment was bust, as it often is when I try new builds.

NF is not the only option for a PvE Shaman.

whoever wrote his guide doesn’t know that.

2 Likes

I would like to know what guide that is lol.

2 Likes

If you look at the damage logs, separate by covenant, and look at the top parses you’ll see there’s really not that big of a difference between covenants. Just like the other person pointed out though… if you’re only doing green parses and there’s people doing orange logs of the same class/covenant than you should research what they’re doing and figure out what they’re doing.

1 Like

For my spec, looking at logs, Kyrian is 17% higher than Necrolord. Night Fae is even lower than that. And nobody plays Venthyr because the Venthyr ability doesn’t do anything.

I’d say 17% is a pretty big difference.

1 Like

You need to make sure to check those parses aren’t ones people are getting power infusions on as well.

1 Like

Right because people use Power Infusions on Brewmasters.

Give me a break.

2 Likes

A difference in comparison to what; your ability to down a boss or the classes ability to down the boss?

Almost every raid boss is designed to be downed by any combination, so slapping the % difference does little but telling people the path of least resistance.

1 Like

Having had 0.1% wipes on Mythic Denathrius, every drop of DPS matters.

1 Like

So unfortunate that you can never attempt again ever, ever. Not to mention the 100% wipes on Mythic Instert Boss Here.

1 Like

No its garbage system that has lead to SL being trash. They could have fixed this from the start, instead the expansion will be remembered for one of the worst ones ever.

1 Like

They could have fixed it, but they instead sided with people on General Discussion who want to play as poorly as possible, and liked the covenant restrictions simply because they screw over everybody else.

The schadenfreude expansion.

3 Likes

Did a quick look for two classes I play on heroic guardians just for laughs. I choose this because mythic logs don’t have full covenant coverage yet ie no one has completed mythic guardians on a night fae arcane mage, an also because its the this raid’s patchwerk encounter.

Top night fae arcane mage 7.7k top 10 averaged about 7.3k
Top necro arcane mage 9.1k top 10 averaged about 7.8k
Top venthyr arcane mage 10.8k top 10 averaged about 9.8k
Top Kyrian arcane mage 11.7k top 10 averaged about 11.3k (the top arcane mage had no pis)

Top kyrian ret paladin 12k dps top 10 averaged about 11.5k (top paladin also did not get pi)
top venthyr ret palaldin 9.8k top 10 averaged about 9.1k
top necro ret paladin 8k top 10 averaged about 6.7k This may seem drastic but this is because only 26 necro ret paladins have even logged this fight some of them were low ilvl carrys.
top fae ret paladin 8.5k top 10 averaged about 7.5k

Also because its funny
Top fae prot paladin 5.7k top 10 averaged about 4.9k
Top necro prot paladin 4.2k top 10 averaged about 3.5k This may seem low but there are only 18 logs with necrolord prot paladins on the site for that fight.
Top kyrian prot paladin 6.7k top 10 averaged about 6.4k
top venthyr prot paladin 9.1k top 10 averaged about 8.3k top venthyr prot got two power infusions!

So yeah not a big difference.

1 Like

yOuR chOIce MatTeRs.

I think they started believing that classic bs as well. Now we see the dumpster fire that game is and people begging for QoL updates.

Its amazing blizzard mission seems to be to punish the players for daring to want to do different content and play their game.

1 Like

Here are some of top logs I got on Mythic Soulrender for Brewmaster monks. They all got 4-9 power infusions. It’s a 2 minute cd so if they’re getting it more than 3 times on a 6 minute fight they’re getting it from 2 sources.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7dqkFh2CjJBWrZHf#fight=26&type=auras
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/96kfRpt8wQjGbyda#fight=22&type=auras
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZQPWC8kT6r34RzBn#fight=35&type=auras
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/DXJd6WKQ9zBrF3ap#fight=22&type=auras

Almost all of the top 99-100% parses are people who got power infusions and trying to meme parse. I’ve even helped guild mates get 99-100% damage logs by funneling them PIs during boss fights.

This is why you need to filter out non-power infusion logs. Once you do that you’ll see damage logs show very little variation between covenants. Sims will show like 300-600 dps deviations as well.

1 Like

Which won’t affect median values at all, which is what I was going off.

1 Like

You said people weren’t using PIs on Brewmasters not that. I’m just merely pointing out that they are… every single parse that is probably 95% or higher has somebody dunking PIs on them. Remove the PIs and all of a sudden you’ll see literally drops of 2-3k off the top end.

2 Likes