Fixed Covenant has gotta be the worst design EVER

Since only about 10 percent of max level characters are even running raids…and even less than that are running arenas/2x2s/3x3s/rbgs this impacts less people that you make it out to impact.

How is it meta when there’s obviously a best choice for everything, but you’re screwed if choice gets nerfed. Imagine trying to hinder your group because you decide you want to play bad in an MMO.

1 Like

I don’t think you have room to talk on a level 20 alt there, bud.

Go Kyrian: it’s good for all three specs, so no need to worry about changing!

There’s a best choice for everything due to damage meters. All of these problems are created by players and then we crap on Blizzard when they can’t achieve perfect balance.

1 Like

Even though Blizzard stated that they’d try to have each covenant balaced for all aspects of the game, and we warned them time and time again that it would be impossible to with all the factors.

No, Night Fae isn’t the only option in PvE…

I haven’t raided since WoD, so I’m maybe out of my league here, but maybe you should look into dropping Elemental Blast if it’s so mastery dependent and your build (since you’re not Night Fae) doesn’t offer that much (easy) mastery? It could be something like your build is built around being Night Fae, whereas you need to update it to something that builds around being Venthyr or whatever else you wanna be.

Like, I know that Doom Winds + Ascendance + lots of windfury when you’re Kyrian is really good, especially using the Mikanikos soulbind (provided there’s AoE to go around to keep the haste buff up). So it could be that you should consider dropping Elemental Blast since it might not just flow all that well outside a Night Fae build.

Again, I haven’t raided or really done all that much endgame content since WoD. But there’s more than one way to build a shaman, I do know that, and you don’t have to follow the guides to find your own way.

You seem real caught up on numbers, some covenants are actually broken for their utility. Night fae priests and necrolord dk aren’t just good for their numbers, despite being meta. Maybe you should consider thinking about what the abilities do instead of getting focused on numbers?

1 Like

I guarantee you someone who thinks that Covenants are poorly designed because of DPS meters hasn’t stopped to think how the abilities actually work in conjunction with the class in combination with all the extra stuff tacked onto Covenants, drives the imbalance.

DPS meters bad is a no thinking philosophy where you don’t have to worry about utility or damage profiles.

2 Likes

You have more ability casts because the NF shaman class ability is channelled, plus another global if you want to activate the heal.

Why aren’t you using Theotar? Bruh.

1 Like

Not to mention that people want Kyrian for SoA and NW…VEnthryr for HoA and SD…etc

its not just about numbers.

He doesnt like Tea? :smiley:

/Sigh dude it’s not just balance. You know what’s fun? Being able to respec and try new abilities and builds. You know what would be fun? Being able to play chain harvest as enhance solo because it feels amazing for enhance. Then being able to play necro for resto when I’m healing for my friends. Having Riptide cleave feels so nice. Chain harvest parses just as good. It’s not about parsing for a lot of us.

Literally just want to have fun. I haven’t been able to play multiple specs and have fun all expansion. I literally was able to multi spec easier in classic. Stupid game design and you wonder why people are going to final fantasy, where anyone can play anything at virtually any time.

1 Like

Exactly. It seems like Blizz is just not getting that so many of the new systems/thing’s they’re implementing are just hindering gameplay instead of making it better in any way at all.

Conduits shouldn’t have Ilvls, conduit energy should be removed, soul ash should be able to be gotten from ANY end game content, torghast needed these recent changes from the get go, the Maw needed its recent changes also from the get go, covenants should only be cosmetic (all the other power stuff should be talent like and available to anyone) - the list goes on.

1 Like

This is what alts are for

Pick one class, one content, one spec. Otherwise you get PUNISHED with “MeAnInGfUl ChOiCeS”.

2 Likes

Yeah I should level two shamans just to enjoy my class :roll_eyes: legit didn’t even do that in classic.

Also comical that people are saying that’s why people are going to FF despite it basically having everything open and account bound because you play one character.

Options is fun. Restricting options is not.

1 Like

Not even gonna read your post. We all knew it was bad design since Alpha and all the reasons have been layed out since. Blizz didn’t listen.

Brain dmg design.

if 9.1.5 doesnt lift cov restrictions. games literally dead till 9.2