Fix your lag already

I couldn’t agree more.

So are any of these maintenance patches working on this? I get lag just trying to log in.

1 Like

If anyone at blizzard was working on this it probably would’ve been fixed by now or at least they would’ve notified the players that they’re aware of the issues and working on a fix but no updates which tells all of us, they either don’t know how to fix it or don’t care.

They will tell players, do a winmtr test do a pathping test, maybe its your internet but no. I’d say 8 times out of 10 it has nothing to do with the persons internet and it’s just blizzard server issues they don’t want to admit.

1 Like

I love it how I left this post some days ago and when players were trying to lay the blame game on myself and anyone else who had lag because “I don’t have lag so it must be your fault”. Now I come back after 10 days and notice it is asking me to mark one of the replies as a solution to our problem.

Almost as if Blizzard cannot accept the fact their game is broken and want us to solve it ourselves right? Yet replies on here still tell me it is the game that is not working.

5 Likes

I’m only reading this because I need to kill a few minutes while I wait for my character to mount up.

6 Likes

Possible band-aid fix. Bliz may have corrupted some files with 8.1. I ran the repair tool and did 28 dailies this morning, Horde & Alliance, without issues. Not going to say it’s fixed, but haven’t had any lag or delay issues since running the repair utility. Time will tell.
Previously I’d given up on dailies in frustration, today was actually fun. Hope to see a hotfix in the near future.

I… I love this post so much.

2 Likes

Activisions fault imo

No lag here

Here’s the sad bit… Paid money to transfer servers, and the problems persist on Stormreaver, as they did on Ysera.

I experience no such problems when playing any of my Alliance characters on the Nesingwary server, though. So, its not a rig-specific problem.

1 Like

It’s got nothing to do with your rig, it is a combination of how the servers are setup and the population on each one.

Try playing at a different time, sometime when it is not peak for anyone around the world, like 3AM my time there is almost no one on and no lag, but at 9PMish (AU peak) and 10AMish my time (US peak) it is worse.

It could also come down to the server you are on, there could be an issue with said physical hardware that runs the server having issues and not being able to keep up to scratch whilst the other server you play on had no physical issues.

I posted a video some time after this post showing what actually happens with the lag, no responses from the white knights telling us it is our problem and we need to source what our issues are and fix it ourselves, no discussion about how it is Blizzards fault, just dead air because there is no argument that can be made and no one can feel good about themselves telling others off for not fixing their own problems because no one can spout the usual nonsense you see here of “I am not having an issue so it must be your fault” and “If you cannot provide evidence I don’t believe you” and the best being “You missed telling us X” or “You misspelt Y”, “Therefore I am using this small and insignificant factor to ensure the blame stays with you”, I love that last argument and seeing how pitiful people will be just to ensure they are right and you are wrong.

2 Likes

For those saying it is outdated hardware. You are funny. I’m running an i7 920 (stock clocked at a whopping 2.87 GHZ) with 16GB of ram, an NVIDIA 970 4GB, and a 350 Mbps connection. I am also using Slackware64 14.2 modded with wine-staging 3.21 with Vulkan API.

At the main dock in BFA, I’m getting between 40-60fps on settings 8.

While I’m on a lower end server as far as population, I would say that many of the problems people are experiencing are server or internet connection related.

It could be a packet drop at one of routes along the way, or it could be the server itself. From other threads, Blizzard has said they are looking into the problem. It could take them awhile to narrow down what it is. It might be a buggy server code or it could be the servers that are having problems are unable to handle the increased traffic to them.

We will just have to wait and see.

1 Like

This is most likely the problem, because the actual lag, the real lag, the stuff that makes you take 1-2 seconds to do something, happens way more when there are more players around.

The problem I think with GD is that some players think lag in different terms. Like when you move and it takes a second for the screen to tick over and register you are moving before it does the whole skip scene or speed up animation to catch up thing.

But the lag I myself am referring to is that of the “Let’s mount… now let’s wait 2 seconds before it registers”. Than the whole wait 2 seconds after the cast time finishes before you are on your mount, and that is not computer lag.

From a business perspective they cannot simply pay for more bandwidth, it is not viable unless it actually works and means more players are going to play to offset the cost, and it could be a reason we are seeing more lag lately, less players, less income, less cost to servers, who knows.

But you are right, we need to wait and see, but we also need to continue to tell Blizzard that there are problems to ensure they know they need to keep working on them, else if we stop complaining and just assume they are working on it, they may assume it has been fixed and stop working on it.

1 Like

I’ve experienced the mount lag as well. I just attribute it to a server overload.

It is quite funny running through the air while ‘mounted’ and swimming while using an FP. Get the right angle and it makes you look like a giant lol.

1 Like

I experienced that once. It was very funny. I just logged out and came back in, and I was on the mount.

1 Like

I’m noticing substantial DPS drops on feral and rogues when there is server lag.

Starting to suspect these two classes get hit harder than most by not getting energy for skipped server ticks.

1 Like

It’s more the whole spells that are taking at least a second to cast issue more than anything. You cannot cast your 1 second spell one after the other since the first one takes 1-2 seconds, the next one takes 1-2 seconds so you are losing that most important time.

But yes the lack of resources gained just adds to it, like my DK who cannot use their spells, cannot gain runic power, cannot use my other spells, it all slows it down.

The problem I suspect with ferals and rogues is they rely on regen for their damage. They don’t have huge mana pool that can last them through most fights.

If there’s latency everything is just happening a little later, but if it’s reducing regen that’s just a straight up DPS Loss for rogues and ferals.

What’s led me to suspect this is the raiding dummy in Boralus. I get pretty consistent results for 2 minute runs at it. But when I notice substantial lag I can be doing 1-3k less dps on it.

The automatic regen happens no matter what, the minute you drop below Max resources regen happens. It is not the regen lag, but the lag you your spells not registering as fast as they should.

So you hit your backs tab coming out of stealth on your rogue right? It should hit, one GCD later you should be able to now hit multilate? I am doing this right yes? I haven’t played a rogue in some time.

Once you mutilate you now have 2 combo points and in that same time your resources have regened enough to hit one of your finishing spells, the enemy you hit is dead.

But what if when you hit back stab it takes a second to register, than a GCD ticks over, before your multilate takes another second to register, that is 2 whole seconds of no DPS, assuming every single spell is 1 second delayed, on someone who has no cast time, that half’s your DPS, the game will still regen your resources it just won’t register you are using them as fast as you are trying to.

So try this, go to a training dummy somewhere there is no lag, like Silvernmoon since you will be the only person there, drop your training turnip thing or find a dummy if there is one, or take someone to duel, record your DPS at full force and than do it again but count roughly a second in between each hit.

You won’t exactly get half because you now have double the time where you are gaining resources instead of waiting for them, but you will be substantially less.