Fix the Queue times, Upgrade your Servers

In reality they kind of did at release, when they crowded way too many thousands of players on a small handful of servers. They very much did create this issue.

2 Likes

They gave so many warnings to not roll on Faerlina, take some responsibility for crappy decisions.

2 Likes

They also forced people to subscribe 2 weeks earlier than release so they could reserve names on the small handful of servers they eeked out.

The white knighting of blizzard is embarassing to see. Not that I agree with the OP, mind you.

1 Like

I usually give blizz the benefit of the doubt but they screwed up here.

Blizzard runs the servers for subscribers. Blizzard has the ability to deny transfers to specific servers. Blizz saw the numbers trending up on certain servers months ago but still allowed transfers…

Blizzard has not done a good job with this at all.

That being said, they commented that they are working on a fix.

2 Likes

Why is it always horde or Incendius complaining about queues?

1 Like

Oh please. A month before Classic even launched they were BEGGING people to find a different server. The told you as clearly as they could that there would be massive queues.

You didn’t listen.

Then, once Classic launched there were (surprise surprise) massive queues! They offered you free transfers off.

Still you did not listen.

Here we are again, when a global pandemic has forced the world to stay at home and queues are up once again. It’s not Blizzard’s fault. They should probably offer free transfers again, but it’s not their fault. It’s YOUR FAULT.

4 Likes

" Oh please. A month before Classic even launched they were BEGGING people to find a different server. The told you as clearly as they could that there would be massive queues.

You didn’t listen.

Then, once Classic launched there were (surprise surprise) massive queues! They offered you free transfers off.

Still you did not listen.

Here we are again, when a global pandemic has forced the world to stay at home and queues are up once again. It’s not Blizzard’s fault. They should probably offer free transfers again, but it’s not their fault. It’s YOUR FAULT ."

It’s blizzard’s fault when they make $7,000,000,000 USD per year and do nothing to upgrade their hardware to accommodate more players.

“The company reported annual revenue of $7.26 billion in 2018.”

2 Likes

Why boot lick, we get it…you are a dirty transfer. Why were you allowed to sell out and join a FULL server?

1 Like

Blizzard is not innocent here. They allowed players to bandwagon onto already fat realms, which screws over everyone else that was already there. Players that were native to a realm did not ask for it to be trained into by unwanted immigrants. They are now stuck there unless they drop 25$ (per character) to leave.

This is Blizzard’s mess to clean up. They should offer free transfers OFF the realms. Another option would be to allow natives to skip the queue, while immigrants have to wait. But they’ve never done any kind of queue priority what so ever, even though it could have helped to balance realms and factions. This is their mess to clean up.

1 Like

They can’t upgrade their hardware if they’re already using the best that money can buy.

2 Likes

Maybe they can split up servers in terms of compartmentalizing the server, like have a server dedicated to handle Kalimdor and the other for Eastern Kingdoms, and the same for instances, make instances load you into a server that is entirely separate from the server your character actually resides on, as if they don’t already do this for battlegrounds, they probably do. There might would be more loading screens but that’s better than 3 hour login screens, it might would cost blizzard slightly more money(maybe cost them 100$) but I think they can afford it considering we pay them to play this and have each probably invested enough money into this company that we could have afforded to buy a car with the money instead. 15$ a month x 12 months a year x 10 years = 1800$.

How odd, considering a mere 2 weeks before release was when name reservations opened. Where on earth did you come up with this silliness about them begging a month out?

The servers will become laggy if they increase the server cap.

1 Like

I’d be curious to learn what % of in-game accounts are multiboxing. I saw at least 5 groups of 2 or more in a MB pack just today alone in 2 zones.

they did with crossrealm bgs and people complain, Blizzard sperate the west and east servers, still people complain, plus you can’t force people to play less dominated faction and be on your server lol

So true, hardly found anyone want to do dungeons or give out free carries, most max level players are raid logging and afk in city lol

They could, but that will destroy identity of their server’s name and community with another server, you know classic fans will hate and yet want server balance . . .

They are not even forced, they are given chance to reserve name to relive their nostalgia lol

Alright so you clearly know what I am talking about, this wasn’t news to you. Maybe I have the time frame off by a little bit but … you knew. You knew there would be massive queues whether it was two weeks before release or four. YOu knew.

1 Like

If they wanted to reserve names, they were literally forced to subscribe 2 weeks before they could play classic

Dude, EVERY server out of that handful they had for name reservation were full upon release and had massive queues. For goodness sake, isn’t that water getting heavy?