Fix slow loading screen

Hi ever since this patch my loading into game and after a /rload are very slow.
Anyone know a way to fix this?
I would do a repair via bnet but last time i did that it reset all my addons.
Yes i had saved my addon and wtf folders but it never sets them up the same,
My internet is 200mbps,

1 Like

Have you tried disabling your addons one by one? Typically slow loading times for me are caused by an addon.

1 Like

What Ace said. More/bigger addons = more data to load/code to execute = slower loading screens.

Blizz changed the hardware requirements for WoW with SL. Wow must be installed on a SSD formatted as NTFS. Installing the game on an HD is no longer supported. It will work, but you will have screen loading times that are so bad its unbelievable painful.

Many months ago I also had major issues with loading screens and I did 2 things:

1. Plugged an external SSD into a USB port (USB 3.0, not the latest or fastest USB) and installed WoW on that SSD. I also had to change the SSD’s drive format before installing WoW because by default it was “FAT32” format or something. Changing the format was easy to do, just plug the drive in, go to Explorer, right click, Select Format and select NTFS for the File System. NOTE: Formatting erases everything on the drive. SSD drives can cost $50-$150 depending on the size you want.

2. Increased my PC’s RAM from 16GB to 32GB. For a laptop this may be expensive but for most desktop’s its fairly cheap. Call the PC maker, explain what you want (expand RAM) and they will tell you what to get. For me I had to get 2 new 16GB sticks which cost $150. I then opened the case, saw that the mother board was buried under a ton of components, noped out of that, took the case and memory to a local guy and for $40 he did the RAM install in 30 min.

My loading screen issues are no more.

1 Like

Thanks i have a feeling it might be to Thanks i have a feeling it might be to many weakauras.
I have the game on ssd but only 16gig ram.

16GB is plenty