Fix or Remove Spell Batching. Period

Feign death did not work this way in vanilla, so while what you are saying may be true in some cases, it most certainly is not in others.

1 Like

So you’re saying the entire purpose of spell batching is to increase wipes by making heals fail?

2 Likes

Short video of Kevin Jordan, Game Designer on Vanilla that made just about every ability and helped design the system:

Talks about how there is a difference between the standard batching system and the priority batch that would need to get executed immediately. Not the same as the in-batch priority.

The priority list for batching was refactored to be like Vanilla and that’s how it should be during a batch.

The priority system is not the same as abilities being moved out of the standard batch so they can be executed when you press the ability.

Like I keep saying. Try again.

3 Likes

Yup that’s 100% what I just said, glad you are following. No, most of the concerns with this was with pvp.

So people aren’t concerned with dying because of failed heals in PvE? It happens to my character all the time.

Scenario that happens regularly:

I kill the thing. My health is low and I pop an instant heal. I die anyway.

1 Like

And they addressed this in the spell batching post where they said this was implemented LATER ON because of the exact scenarios he is talking about. This is how it was setup in vanilla.

Honestly this is just getting embarrassing for you at this point.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a matter of if they are concerned about that or not but it’s just that they wanted this so it felt more vanilla like and pvpers could still pvp like they did back in vanilla. For example, with batching if a warlock deathcoils you and you are a rogue you can hit vanish right before it hits and the deathcoil does nothing.

So it was designed to cause wipes by making heals fail, but that’s “authentic”, so it’s great gameplay to have to run back from a distant graveyard when you die after your heals fail.

1 Like

Sure man, sure… that’s exactly it you got it right lol. sigh

1 Like

They created a non-authentic system to simulate some of the ways spell batching worked in vanilla, but not others.

2 Likes

Its kinda annoying that i get hit by a mob i just sapped.

2 Likes

So many time I stun the target with hammer of justice and he still hit me 1 second later

2 Likes

It’s almost as thought they prioritized these things to annoy us. But they wouldn’t do that. Now would they?

2 Likes

Every way spell batching works now, is exactly how it worked in vanilla. You need to understand this.

Except that they admitted it doesn’t.

2 Likes

How so? Link me to it please.

I dunno. You keep saying it doesn’t affect us in PvE. Or that PvE gameplay it hurts is just collateral damage.

It clearly does.

1 Like

It needs to work like it did in Vanilla. Right now it isn’t. That could happen in Vanilla, yes, the current problem stems from seemingly every button or interaction going through a batch and the timings being off.

Sometimes it feels like the ability gets sent to the batch for activation rather than execution. Activation shouldn’t take any longer than a round trip to the server and back, the execution should occur on a batch.

Currently it doesn’t look like every ability does this or why many class abilities that never had delays on activation or execution outside of round trips now suffer from delays of either/or.

I don’t play a Hunter but I’ve fought enough of them to see how quickly they should be able to Feign/trap in a single macro thanks to the execution of feign being near-instant. Currently you can’t do this and must wait a period after the feign to drop combat completely. Same with Vanish. Same with pet delays and unresponsiveness.

That’s 100% not Vanilla and needs to function like it did in Vanilla.

3 Likes

You mean like, when I shapeshift and I can’t do anything for a second or two without getting a “you’re in combat” error message, when i’m clearly not.

3 Likes

I never once said this what is your problem?

Let’s try to stop spreading lies when you’re trying to make a point, it makes your side look just a tad bit better. It’s working as intended. Whether you like it or not I really don’t care, sometimes I hate it sometimes I like it. This is how it is suppose to work.