FIX MMR its killing PVP

Yes, that’s why there have been multiple iterations of precog over the last 2 expansions and also a prevalence of casters with instant casts being almost always preferred.

1 Like

Missing Necro Frost Mage

Just pure hardcasted skill based gameplay

2 Likes

Hoping they inject like 100-200 rating inflation next week. IIRC in season one when they discussed this it was like 25 rating inflation a week? So if it’s suppose to be “substantial” I’m guessing it would be triple or more the normal weekly amount.

Actually below is the link they said <15 is too low, but >20 was too high. But they were going to do 20 a week starting week 10 in S1z

Yeah, last season it was delayed until week 10 and then 20 per week.

chain kicked? no, but chain micro-CC’d? yes.

the haste/duration are really the only precog elements that may need tuning, but the CC immunity is absolutely necessary even if it is a band-aid to M+ design over the last few expansions spilling over in PvP

A few things:

Why? If RSS is he most played bracket shouldn’t the highest ratings come from there? This is just handicapping other brackets to favor another. Not saying it should be like season 1 by any means but this just sounds like “we capped RSS to favor 3s”.

Was this communicated at the start of the season somewhere and I missed it? If it wasn’t it should have been.

The community noticed this too, and has been screaming about it for weeks. This is where communication comes in. Even a simple “hey we noticed this too and are monitoring it” weeks ago would have been better than silence.

I am assuming this means for all brackets? Doesn’t really specify. And will more adjustments be made outside of this upcoming week if there is still deflation issues?

Would be nice if we got a little more communication on this and what was affecting the ladder so far this season. Participation? To much of an adjustment on your end? Was it an actual bug like was being speculated?

I am glad this is being adjusted and hopefully puts some life back into the ladder. I am just hoping we hear something about some of the other issues that are affecting the ladder like the healer issues and incentives as well soon and in the future hopefully issues like this get communicated to us quicker rather they the community screaming for weeks about it. The communication part is the most frustrating part for me at least.

5 Likes

Destro/frost fell way out of S tier after the original precog trinket nerf.

Eh, I’d say the addition of kicks to every single class over the years is also partly to blame with this arms race, but I’d agree that micro-CC is more of an issue.

1 Like

that’s not necessarily untrue, but good casters were already juking everyone’s kick so the bigger issue was you could juke a DH or DK for example and you’d just get stunned, prison, aoe stun, grip, stun, etc

zero thought required just press buttons to stop the casts until kick was back

1 Like

I am sure those who are ~2k right now will probably see 2100-2200 next week.

That is nice. Especially for those at 23-2400 who are gonna be finally able to get up above 2500+ in order to pull the ladder with them.

Nah, it’s complete garbage. It only gets some value against frost mages, and even then it’s hardly good. I tried it for a session early in the season and promptly ditched it.

Yeah, an extra few thousand per swing if you’re constantly slowed seemed…bad, but comparable to some of the alternatives for a handful of specs. Like, compared to shadowflame or the extra mastery.

Not precog, of course, because that’s just a galaxy apart in terms of influence.

Yes, and now melee have to think for a moment before blindly committing that kick and you can see from the countless posts how the sky is falling for some lol.

1 Like

Who says spamming Twitch chat doesn’t get things done? LOL

2 Likes

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression. :dracthyr_tea:

3 Likes

can twitch chat rally behind nerfing sub rogue next?

Hopefully it’s for ALL brackets, not just 2’s/3’s or shuffle.

I think this is super needed, infact it’s Friday we are starting the weekend. Why do we have to wait to fix the game until after the weekend all the time.

first round of ret nerfs went in as an emergency hotfix, can’t stuff like this hit same day?

4 Likes

Have you not played this season as melee?

Doesn’t have to be equal to the T, but come on…

Melee was crying about psyfiend as well for the longest time and they all 1-tapped it. They couldn’t process getting off an spriest for 1 sec.

Literally the dumbest and most laziest group of players.

1 Like

You guys really seem like your out of touch with the players. So you nerfed rating substantially in RSS to be more aligned with a heavily deflated and ratings weak environment in rated 3s…

Make that make sense. The insane swings in rating from season to season are awful. The complete lack of any semblance of progression kills the ability for players to see and measure growth. These changes are being done so haphazardly.

9 Likes