FIVE minute potion CD in shadowlands? Wut?

I wonder if mana use by healers will be similar to now? The big change here is the CD starting even while in combat and being reset after a wipe/win in a raid. That is a nice change. Would like to see the CD to less than 5 minutes as that feels like an eternity sometimes while some huge beastie is breathing on you :wink:

1 Like

It’s a great change. Removes having to pre-pot every raid fight and having to chug them if you really want to push M+.

wen I pop an invisibily pot, my battle potion is down for 5 minutes tho.

They said it was for combat potions like int/agi/str pots

It sucks for M+ because if you use any type of potion its now on a 5 minute CD which is huge for M+. Say for instance you need to stealth to the last pack but you dont have a rogue. Ok use the invis pot. But the timer is low and you need that extra damage to potentially time the key, what do we do just wait 5 minutes for the potions or just attempt to try it and hope we have enough damage. So many keys ive had where we didn’t kill boss because we didn’t pre pot. I don’t know the effect on raid I assume it will be somewhat negative early but better late since you can pop two potions during a fight but I don’t know fights that last 5+ minutes maybe high tyrannical keys and mythic raids but most fights in fortified weeks or in heroifc usually last 3-4ish minutes.

seems like some of the changes end up being better for some, worse for others.
I dont play high end content.
I run with the riffraff in randoms who a lot of times arent behaving in the first place and dont seem to know what “OUT OF MANA” actually means LOL.
Not a good place to be when theyre chain pulling and now Im being told, sorry…you gotta wait MUCH longer to pop a cork on a mana vial, lol

In a video game? Maybe?

That would be balanced around, and most players would simply save gold in the process.

If you do like using potions though, yeah, that would be a downside, but do you really get a kick out of using a ton of potions?

Battle potion of intellect is an int potion. I mean, I’ll check again, but pretty sure on this.

I might be retarded, I don’t know yet, I get the bloodwork back next week but I get this feeling people will still be prepotting on pull.

"In this next build of the Shadowlands alpha, combat potions, such as primary stat potions and mana potions, now have a 5 minute cooldown. "

Yes people will still pre-pot, but accidental pulls wont prevent you from using more than one pot since the timer starts as soon as you use it instead of only out of combat.

The only potion not gaining this effect will be the health pots/health stones.
Mana/Stat, Invis/etc potions all have the 5 minute timer on them come SL.

Nah, 1m

https://www.wowhead.com/item=163222/battle-potion-of-intellect

My post wasn’t to suggest that it was only those potions it affected but just so everyone is on the same page

`In this next build of the Shadowlands alpha, combat potions, such as primary stat potions and mana potions, now have a 5 minute cooldown. Additionally, they are no longer limited to one use per encounter. This is intended to make potion use less of a hassle, less expensive, and more decision-oriented in various situations throughout the game.

In raid encounters, players will still have the option of using a potion at the start of an encounter, but using a potion just prior to and as close to the pull as possible will no longer be required. Longer encounters will now offer up more than one moment to use a potion for maximum tactical advantage. Ending a raid boss encounter with a wipe or a win will reset the potion cooldown.

In dungeons, spacing out potion use will place more emphasis on deciding the most important times to use them.

In PvP situations where combat potions are allowed, such as War Mode, Battlegrounds, and Epic Battlegrounds, the rate at which you drop combat can vary greatly. This change will bring a consistent expected cooldown to combat potions when you see enemies consume them.

Please feel free to share your feedback on this change in this thread. Thank you.

I like using CDs :man_shrugging: My favorite specs are those with 1m CDs lol

Oh and those with procs that reset CDs :heart:

Which ones are already 5 minutes long?

1 Like

sorry…I thought you were meaning you thought mana potions werent included. God I wish they werent lol. Its really the only potions I end up using.

The downside is if you pull a raid boss, drink a potion, and then quickly wipe. You now have to wait 5 minutes to pull again.

1 Like

Ending a raid boss encounter with a wipe or a win will reset the potion cooldown.

1 Like

Oops :blush:

1 Like

Oh i need coffee.