Fit Race-change into story?

This character has a lovely story with my friends and such, I really love her. But recently, the idea of race changing her into a Vulpera if/when they come out has been interesting.

Could this possibly be fit to the story, or is it a non-canon thing that just can’t be explained? help me, Story people!

It’s a high fantasy setting. I say if that’s what makes your heart sing, go for it. Worst come to worst you can always justify it with “its magic, I don’t have to explain s**t.”

2 Likes

Valid point. But I kind of also want to describe how it happened in the story.

How I did it for my druid lol

2 Likes

To be fair, ‘magic’ is a perfectly valid excuse. I don’t know the source, but Blizz had said its perfectly canonical for ANY half-breed to exist through the use of magic. So shapeshifting is certainly more possible than creating life.

If you want a direct path, try looking at Mage Polymorph.

1 Like

That reminds me, did she ever get changed back? I don’t many chances to get on my mother’s computer to check and I still don’t have one of my own.

Yeah, though it was through a discord RP thing. Kersia took Raiku on in her shop and tasked him with making the antidote. Vynianyx has been a night elf in game for a while (can’t beat shadowmeld, night elf is the best dps race for feral, never saw the kul tiran forms cuz I use the artefact forms from legion) but we only recently RP’ed out the actual scenario.

I may compile the event and organize it into a post of some sort.

Love to see it when you do.

It’s your story… find a way. Magical body swap is only one of the possibilites… Death and reincarnation are another.

I figured out something funny.

My velf isn’t really too happy about the void, the whispers and all are tiring. She wished there was a way to get rid of it.
Some Vulperan Alchemist claims to have a cure. Totally did it before and it works.
Well… worth a shot? right?
So, she downs his potion… and turns into a Vulpera! …well the void is gone.

…You said you did this before.
Yea, on my buddy, he ate too many voidberries and started hearing things.
…lemme guess, he was a Vulpera.
Yes, well. Uhm. You are no longer plagued by the void, huzza?

1 Like

You realise of course that if you do change from Void to Vulpera, you’ll most likely be going Horde?

OH RIGHT. I’m ok with that though. XD Completely forgot about that.

1 Like

Outside of specific cases like blood elf > void elf, human > worgen, human > undead I have a hard time taking it seriously, but if you really want to RP a race change you can have some sort of engineering transporter accident, or something brought about via alchemy or magic if you want to do it. It’s not my cup of tea but that shouldn’t stop you from doing it if you really want to.

When I race changed I just considered it a clean slate and made up a new story.

He was an orc for many years, and then I took a break from WoW. I returned and found my guild dead, so I did a race/name change and started over with a new backstory.

1 Like

If your character is interested in alchemy, it could always be played off as an accident when using the fur of a Vulpera.
Or perhaps a curse by a Vulpera who practiced magic.

1 Like

Would vulpera have warlock?

Could always run into a lock who placed your soul into a soulstone and transferred it to a different body ^_^;; Should you go with this idea I leave the reason of motive to you.

2 Likes

I server and faction transferred deft here for reasons back in late wrath-early cata. deft has zero magical talent and has always been wary of mages. so what perfect opppunity to rp a portal disaster and further her mistrust of the arcane than by explaining such an event as waking up in ironforge as a dwarf?

it also makes for fun to have her hide from garl grimgrizzle and his white bear, tabitha, who took a liking to the oranged-headed lass while she was ‘indisposed’. :~D

be creative! as long as you can explain it within the lore established and in-game mechanics, have fun with it!

by all means, let us know how you decide to spin it. there are several great suggestions here already.

Alchemy has a potion that gender swaps you… and i believe an illusion one too…

I dont think it would be to difficult

Depends on the race I guess. There’s a lot that wouldn’t need much explanation- like human to Forsaken. But the reverse of that would warrant a fair amount of explanation.