Fistweavers should stack mastery in m+

There is a reason fallen order is the meta right now is because of how much passive healing on an extremely short cd at all levels of play with almost no thought required. If played properly you have it almost every other pull and twice in some boss fights. You play what you like but I don’t think telling monks to stack mastery is the right call considering just how strong fallen order is.

1 Like

Well I’m sure one day you’ll get there, after all you beat the healer mage tower so you can Definitely do above 20s and then you’ll be able to see for yourself :blush:

Yea I’m more interested in fun off meta builds anyways hence playing monk lol

I don’t disagree that Fallen Order is best, my post is about ATOTM anyways, so yea.

I think we can all agree to disagree but leave the Meta stuff to the meta guide sites like icy veins or peak of serenity and off build discussion can happen here. shrug

Haste only allows for less experienced monks to waste unneeded mana when for the same amount put into crit or vers will not only do more hps (not needed at all) and more dps.

Haste does in no way increase mw throughput or dps in a meaningful way.

Not going to argue that yes it does “increase” hps and in a small way dps. But point for point it is a lot less than either crit or vers.

Would you say that 1% haste increases your dps and hps by approximately 1%? lol

mistweaver dps spells don’t cost mana. haste will literally always increase monk dps because casting more spells is a dps increase

1 Like

What the actual hell are you talking about?

100% Crit makes each ability do double damage/healing.
100% Haste doubles the amount of abilities you can use in a given time.
100% Vers makes each ability do double damage/healing.

IIRC, 100% Crit requires 7200 crit rating, 100% Haste requires 6800 rating and 100% Vers requires 8400 rating.

Every stat achieves the same result of increasing throughput/damage by 100% when maxed out, they just require different ratings to achieve it and do so in slightly different ways.

Haste doesn’t affect Revival, Cocoon or Gusts from ReM so it is a few % lower overall throughput increase than Crit/Vers but that is partially made up for by it requiring lower stat rating.

Saying “Haste does in no way increase mw throughput or dps in a meaningful way” is just factually false. You’re either incredibly ignorant or you’re straight up lying and misleading people. Either way, stop please.

1 Like

So ive been giving venthyr monks benefit of the doubt since I didnt have the legendary and couldnt test it myself… I had very high expectations the way certain monks were talking about Fallen Order… overall was not very impressed lol was expecting way more.

If you are using the venthyr legendary you inevitably have to hard cast heals to replace the passive healing that ATOTM would be doing, and that results in a loss of uptime. It is not a negligible loss of uptime either, as much as certain people would like to believe, and in the end there is really not a noticeable difference in DPS between the two legendaries. I feel a lot more comfortable reccomending my build for monks to try. Somewhere around 100% mastery is good and then the rest DPS stats for ATOTM works really well.

:woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2:

Sorry dude but you keep talking like you’ve found some secret to do 5KDPS overall with MW but it just ain’t true. We can both agree that DPS is important for pushing high keys but the venthyr legendary doesn’t give you some huge DPS boost.

The downtime on Fallen Order can be as low as like 30 seconds, I don’t really think that’s enough time to produce some huge discrepancy on dps from ATotM. Especially given that ATotM is entirely single target to take advantage of the passive healing.

Don’t seriously do M+ though, so can’t speak in more than a theoretical.

It gives you more then ATOTM. It is the best option for dmg, because you pretty much don’t have to do anything while FO is running, so you just spend your whole time dpsing. And it has a relatively low cd. Srry that ur trying to find a flaw in the better legendary but it is better. Damage IS important, FO doesn’t do an insane amount of dmg, but it does much more then ATOTM.(because atotm doesn’t do any dmg)

Actually 2 of then do cost mana and also the only dps abilities that is affected by haste is rsk and sck. Both tp and bok have 0 interaction with haste.

In order for haste to be more affective than crit for rsk youd need around 80% haste. Anywhere before that and crit will always out perform it.

What are you talkimg about more than 50% of all mw monks dps abilites have 0 interaction with haste.

Go to your character sheet. If the cd is white it means that haste will not affect it.

Only dps abilities affected by haste for mw are rsk and sck both which benefit way more through crit and vers. Haste has so little value that youd need 80%+ haste just to do a fraction of someone with 30-40% crit.

sim your character one time and i think you’ll find haste is as good as other stats (likely better due to it being cheaper :)).

1 Like

It lowers the GCD of those spells making them do haste % more damage per execute time.

It actually does not. Both are locked at the gcd. Haste literally has 0 affect of them at all. It does not in any shape or form affect them.

I have and sims are wrong for mw. Ive tried haste heavy builds and crit. Crit heavy i average around 2.5 to 3k dps

Haste was like…900 to 1.2k dps

This is wrong. GCD for MW is 1.5 seconds before haste. The exception is expel harm that has a GCD of 1 second beore haste.

You’re confusing WW’s GCD. WW has a GCD of 1 second except for expel harm that has a 0.5s GCD. WW’s GCD isn’t impacted by haste.

You can test it yourself using the following macro:

/use *insert spell here*
/run local _,d = GetSpellCooldown(61304); print(d)

Locked to the GCD which is reduced by haste.

More Haste means more BoK, TP, SCK etc. Just playing the game and having someone lust should have made this pretty obvious.

1 Like