Fishing - Why has it never changed?

Why is Fishing the only profession to remain relatively the same since Vanilla?

Every other profession has gotten significant upgrades over the years to make their QoL so much nicer.

Mining - Went from getting one ore at a time and sharing nodes to now getting all the ore at once and everyone can use it.

Herbing - Now everyone can herb the same plant and you can get multiple herbs per node.

Skinning - Now everyone can skin the creatures.

Fishing - You throw the line out, you then have to wait and RNG based amount of time for one fish, and all the schools are first come, first serve.

There have been some upgrades to fishing that do not effect the over all profession - IE Tuskaar Fishing Nets, or the minnow vacuum, but they have not been added to the profession and just kind of go away when the expansion ends.

It has been 20 years! Let us throw out a net into a school of fish and have us collect them all at the same time, make the Schools shareable like every other profession, and make it so the fish auto hook and get auto retrieved so I do not have to sit there and watch for the bobber to see if it got a bite, I canā€™t even turn my head, because I get paranoid that I missed the animation.

Well you know what they sayā€¦If it ainā€™t broke do not try to fix it!

3 Likes

Itā€™s not broken, but it could use some QoL changes.

1. Add nets to catch the schools of fish, make it so everyone can do it, right now the schools have 3-5 fish in there and shared between all parties, so if 5 people show up, you get one fish.

2. Make it so Fishing is automatic like mining and Herbing, it can still be RNG time based, but listening or watching the bobber and then having to click the bobber needs to go.

Right now Fishing is just a major time waste in the game.

The idea of shared schools of fish seems good to me.

The fighting and drama over the rarer lava pools early in this expansion was horrible.

Early on fishing was not a waste of time - but it was more of a side game. I made a lot of gold from rare recipes (I did not need or already had) that I got from handing in coins to the frog.

Might I interest you to the stream of Forgemasters that keep landing precisely on that one ice hole in the span. Trust me you will be longing for that big frog!

I miss the ā€˜barrelsplosionsā€™ you used to get from the artifact fishing rod in Legion, where the rest of the fishing school would be barreled up for you to collect if a cast procā€™d the barreling.

One thing that hasnā€™t changed is the grind.

Everywhere from that puddle in Ironforge, to Nat, to fountains at Dalaranā€¦ the grind and time needed to do ā€œfishingā€ achievements are insaneā€¦ for what for ā€œgetā€

Iā€™ve taken one look into the junk needed for the DF fishing equipment. Anit no way Iā€™m doing this lol. Come on manā€¦

Soā€¦ yeah.

This needs to change.

the fishing artifact helped in legion for fishing but i just wish they would introduce something like that and have it update each season for the new things, something like an upgrade tree that gets its points to upgrade from certain schools of fish etc and the more you fish the better and more QOL it gives, then the next expansion comes all they would have to do it is update the tree for the new stuff and voila

Yes. I facepalm to this day when I remember what PokƩmon gen 3 did to fishing. WoW started off that way, meaning it can apply change in the *right *direction.