Fishing Scam?

Received message ingame

[Blizzards]:{Blizzard Enertainment]GM: Offense: Exploitative Activity: Abuse of Economy. Please visit: [www dot au-wow dot com] otherwise we will suspend your Blizzard Account.

1 Like

yes for sure a scam.

6 Likes

If it doesn’t have a little blue tag that says “Blizz” next to the name, its a scam. Right click and report

2 Likes

This guy has been sending me messages for months I don’t even think he’s changed names that seems to be how often they ban these ppl these days.

6 Likes

I reported it immediately.

Not dealt with blizzard, but I assumed there messages would be unique and they would not refer you to an external website, or ask for any personal or login information.

for future reference it’s “phishing” not “fishing”

4 Likes

A general life tip. If some “official” entity sends you something out of the blue and tells you to go somewhere or call some phone number, don’t. Instead go find the organizations official website and contact them though the means provided there.

3 Likes

I have only seen this once:

And when I did, that account was banned.

But this:

That is always a scam. When Blizzard sends an action email, that action has already taken place. Suspension, ban, etc. There is no go the website now or get banned.

Ah, yes, the well known official Blizzard website.

Is this a serious question?

Our friend “Blizzards” that never seems to get banned.

2 Likes

Yeah, there is a “blizzard” on Bigglesworth that I probably have reported 20 times at least and no ban. Maybe its an automated script put in for an authentic classic experience, the scam is that old.

1 Like

Blizzards spam has been around since the first month and nothing has been done about it.

Any GM contact will have a Blizzard icon next to their name in the chat, players can’t replicate it.

No, it’s not a serious question, but it is a serious discussion, how much do you think you have contributed?

Uh, OP, literally anything that says there’s a problem and asks you to log in or else you get banned, is a scam. It’s a very, very common scam in fact.

The funny thing is that you cannot create a character named “Grape”, yet you can name one “Blizzards”.

1 Like

The biggest thing I have from this thread is that this very same person has been performing this since start of classic across all realms with no action taken.

Well naughty words are probably far more dangerous than literal criminal activity.

1 Like

Then maybe you should give some serious commentary on the issue instead of asking whether the thing you received is a scam.

About as much as you have.

this is the kind of thing that should be taught in school.

not joking.

classes that teach you how to avoid getting scammed, doing taxes, going to city hall, etc…

you know USEFUL stuff.

https://youtu.be/9Yt0b_QBP_A

Reminds me of this sketch.

I seen a version of yhis since march. Guy comes back with a little different spelling every month.