Fishing Revamp

Another system that could use an update is fishing. I know we did some new stuff with dailies and nets and things like that in DF but just sitting waiting for a tiny bobber to move slightly doesn’t feel great. I have to use the oversized bobber item to even be able to see the movement because I can miss the small bobber because the “you’ve caught a fish” movement is too similar to the “bouncing on water” movement.

I don’t have any ideas on this (hopefully others will) but I at least wanted to get the conversation started.

1 Like

Totally agree, even something as simple as having a bar and being able to “crit” at a certain level or reaction would make fishing more engaging but still semi-afk if you want to be less efficient.

I think it’s a good balance, keeping the system the “same” but adding an optional engagement on top of the mechanic.

Maybe add something like spear fishing, which would functionally be the same, but in a different format.

1 Like

I like that! Honestly, a lot of the speciality fishing spots in Dragonflight were cool. I wonder if we necessarily need to keep the same circular fishing swarm versus something larger and more visually impressive. I think having a massive fishing pool, fish jumping far out of the water, birds trying to gulp them up, and just visual stuff like that would make fishing really fun too.