Fishing bots

Do something blizzard. Your player base is leaving

2 Likes

I could be horribly wrong but I don’t think the playerbase is leaving because of fishing bots.

9 Likes

Dude the fishing bots are the best, blackmouth was 15s before they got banned, then inflated to 50s and then when servers unlocked they got remade and brought them back down again

point is, no one is fishing, they’re a necessity at this point.

2 Likes

If people are too lazy to fish then they should pay the exorbitant prices. Supply and demand.

Too lazy to fish?

Pay up.

Bots should stay banned. I report them every chance I get.

7 Likes

The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Wolf! Wolf!

3 Likes

How do you know it is a bot? They ignore you?

they added the click-on-bobber minigame to combat botting.

I like my cheap faps, please don’t. :frowning:

Come on who wants to pay attention when fishing? If I were fishing like in real life I’d bring an iRod made by Apple so siri could fish for me. zzzzz

how can you tell someone is fish botting?

I was running through Tanaris when there was a level 23 Forsaken Mage fishing safely in that Naga cave. I /waved. I /poked. I auto attacked her once. Soon as she dropped combat, she went fishing again.

Could it have been a player just ignoring me in hopes I wouldn’t kill her? Possibly. I’ve wandered into high level places for gathering all the time.

It is still safe to report. Blizzard can dig into her activity and actions far better than we could. If they were truly ignoring me, then nothing happens. (Minus the subject of griefing a player with mass reports, but this is not the same case.)

If you ever suspect someone might be botting, a report is fine to do.

It’s a cause and effect issue. The bots farm gold forever - People sell the gold for RL cash - You stop farming because; why farm when you can spend an hours worth of your RL job’s wage for 100x the gold you would make in sed hour. If time = money, and time = gold, then naturally money = gold. People are going to find the most efficient farming method with cost = time spent. If you can’t see how this is ruining classic, turning a great game into pay to win, real money micro transactions crap shoot. Then i applaud your ability to blind ones self as to the actual cause of blatant issues.

Blizzard is failing on purpose. They have no incentive to succeed. From a business stand point at least. Allocate resources to detect and destroy hundreds of thousands of subs? laughable. Permanently ban IP addresses that are 1000+ subs a month? Inconceivable. This is capitalism at its ugliest. They are here to make a profitable game, not a great one. They can get complacent as they want. Stuff their pockets full of the money you spend on gold plus all the subs. It would be interesting to see the Net income of the bigger botting companies aka gold selling websites. Their only real expense being wow subs. other than minimal tech maintenance, internet and power.

Someone ignoring you doesn’t automatically make them a bot.

When I fish I don’t really even pay attention. Just turn up the volume and use one headphone. Click when you here the bobber. That way I can watch something on Netflix or other streaming service.

I’m definitely not paying attention to people waving at me