Firtst "Stuck" then can't log in

This morning on the Madoran server while doing the Songsung Ranch Noodle quest/dungeon in Pandaria, my Toon “Myearshurt” got stuck. I couldn’t leave the instance couldn’t access the hearthstone and couldn’t shut down. Now I can’t log into that Toon at all. I tried to log in with another Toon but couldn’t open a ticket or use my mounts or access chat. The submit ticket WAS highlighted but was in constant refresh and blank.
I hope someone can help me.:thinking:

There’s a thread here for connectivity issues today https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/8-19-stuck-at-logging-in-to-game-server/258618/87?u=tyrisaz-dalaran

Thank you Tyrisaz, that at least gives me some hope. Funny, cause I check on line to see if there were server issues first thing and they were all fine. I guess I’ll just have to be patient. Thanks again! :joy:

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Yeah but at least it shows that more than one person has acknowledged the problem and they’re actively looking into it.

They’ve only been aware for a few hours and it only appears to be impacting a small amount of people. I’d just be patient, do something else while we wait I guess. I’ve gotta take my dog to a vet appointment here soon anyways.

Correct.

To the precise locations where data is being collected. To the places that tweet says the discussion is taking place.

This isn’t the venue for direct Bliz contact, no forum is. If that is something you want, you’ll have to submit a support ticket.

Indeed, Bliz does post, but it’s neither a function of the forums, nor is it required.

As for my trolling, luckily Bliz doesn’t agree; however, if you feel I’ve broken a forum rule, simply report the post rather than escalating it with a snide remark.

1 Like

It is not as pointed out ad nauseam by the SFAs themselves.

If you can’t submit, it’s often because you are trying to submit for a reason that isn’t handled by game masters, technical support, etc. Thus, you are sent to check on the player-to-player assisted forums for any possible information.

First, the button is not grayed out:

You do need to attach required files further up. That is what made the difference with the “Submit” button on my end.

Second, that’s ridiculous.

Third, even if it was “all” that were laid off, game masters are part of the Support department, not Community.

We had a reduction in force in 2012. While I am unable to discuss any details, Customer Support hasn’t otherwise had another one since.
From: Absolutely zero customer support - #51 by Vrakthris

As demonstrated, that is not the case.

Please heed your own words, Jomotheholy.

Bliz already has in a thread they chose to use as a communication point.

imagine being this guy right here and thinking that he’s in the right

Jomotheholy,

Let me see if I can clear up some of the confusion here and set things straight.

The forums are not a means for direct communication to Blizzard. It is an open platform where other players can discuss and resolve issues. We will attempt to answer as many posts as possible, but no response is guaranteed. Levíathan earned his MVP status for a reason, and he’s a long time member of the community so yes he knows what he’s talking about.

This usually means all of the boxes weren’t filled out or required files were not attached. It could also be related to a browser / caching issue, if everything is properly filled out and attached. We do not block or disable the creation of tickets when widespread connection issues like this occur.

This is incorrect. We very much still have Community staff members who post on these forums. The Technical Support forums are manned by members of Customer Service, which is a different department than Community.

When widespread connection issues like this occur, we like to collect data and reports in a single centralized place. For the current issue, that would be here:

8/19 - Stuck at Logging in to game server

Once there is information to share we will post an update in that thread. We tend to not post once every X amount of minutes just to say “Yep, we’re still working on it”, but rather we try to post when we have meaningful information to share.

I’ll go ahead and lock this one now.

3 Likes