First impressions on dungeon changes?

I like that M+ has a bit of a barrier to entry. You aren’t going to be doing keys if you don’t have some knowledge on what to do and I’ve been in keys where I watch people walk into that hard slap of “you aren’t prepared” that I’ve been hoping would happen.

The downside is that I’ve had more depletes and disbands than I normally would be having at season start but the victories feel really good. And loot is big.

Hard agree, I’ve heard a few people say they feel overtuned, but imo this is exactly what keys should feel like.

There should be a hard barrier to entry, getting your KSM and KSH should require work, and those +20 portals shouldn’t just be a consolation prize.

I’ve been loving the “you’re not prepared” mechanic smacks that have been happening in my keys. If you don’t know what’s going on, go run it on a +0 or watch a video.

Not impossible, but definitely not a cake walk.

3 Likes

Its funny because the change made it easier to get KSM and your mounts, its not even been 3 days and people got their mounts in 24 hours. Content is only hard atm too cause the massive ilvl increase from content too

1 Like

That’s no different from any other season.

3 Likes

Mythic zeroes are great now. Still easy but you can die and can’t be entirely brainless.

On the other hand you saw the disparity between how players do mythic plus on patch day for by the end of Tuesday there were already people listing 10’s with epic score. Which means they did nothing but spam dungeons endlessly even if this season it will be super easy to gear.

What do you need to get KSM now, 5s across the board? (both weeks)

i agree with you but i’m also getting sick of pug tanking stuff for people…they have super high IO (higher than mine even) and they still suck or dont remmeber at least back to season 2 when half of these places were keys before…
Nokuud
Halls (no excuse for this, seriously)
Uldaman (just takes too long honestly until you outgear it)
and even Neltharus (which is easy) …
just seeing so much fail from ppl who are 2800-3000 is just stupid and demoralizing. This means last season was too easy or something.

Chargath is probably crazier tank damage all expansion, it’s very overtuned and RNG boss. If you parry/dodge 3 hits, you are okay. But if you get unlucky, you just die with 0 counterplay. The leap is very annoying and makes the fight janky. Chargath should be the first boss to nerf.

Uldaman is just horrible dungeon. Halls of Infusion is still cursed, the trash after frog boss and the gauntlets still sucks.

Last season was way too easy which is what prompted these changes because the first several levels of M+ had no reason to exist. You pretty much COULDN’T fail them unless you literally just chain wiped over and over somehow some way.

Any problem people have with M+ now is that they’re trying to do the equivalent of 20’s on what, day 3-4 of a season? That’s going to be brutal. It’ll get better when we all have gear.

1 Like

Last season was morbidly easy. Getting 3k or even up to I would say 3.2-3.3k was probably a cake walk for the majority of people that actually played the season.

I only played the first 3 weeks and got to 2800, and that’s before we outgeared everything.

We are currently separating the wheat from the chaff, so to speak. All these “3k io S3” players are going to be hard nuked into oblivion by the scaling, which is exactly how it should be.

Tl;dr

Keys should be a skill and mechanics check, not a gear and class check. That’s what we have now, and that is the way it should be.

Yeah, let’s not judge a season by those standards. It never ends well.

Regarding Season 4 though, there are only a few things that need to be tuned which is a vast improvement.

Pros: I think shrinking key levels to smaller numbers will help with getting groups filled, and probably cut down on the arbitrary feeling of having to do a trillion smaller keys to level gear.

Cons: Anyone can get a +2 key, and since 2’s and 3’s are mildly challenging now you’re probably going to have a tougher time distancing yourself from players that make runs unfun.

All in all I think it’s an alright change, guess we’ll see how I feel about it after a few weeks.

They should have made m0 queueable and farmable.

Even with the 3x damage/health/healing buff of LFG applied, it would force the pugs to learn the dungeon before stepping foot into the +2, and also provide even better gearing pathways for alts and people coming back to the game.

5 Likes

I agree with that. With the squishing of the difficulties having a lockout on M0 doesn’t really make sense anymore. Let it be farmed, who cares if people spam it to get gear.

1 Like

The squish is fine, I’m still just not a fan of having to do 8 dungeons for vault options. It’s about 30 to 40 minutes per dungeon so that’s over 4 hours to fill vault not counting finding groups and travelling. Compare that to just doing heroic raid which can be cleared in under 2 hours and it’s a bit ridiculous. I think 1, 3 ,5 or 1, 2 , 4 would be a bit more sensible.

1 Like

You’re also getting mythic track in your vault from those keys vs heroic track from the raid.

and aspect crests from the keys instead of wyrm crests.

Unless you’re doing mythic raid, which again you can get through 6 bosses in 3 to 5 hours and you have 4 or 5 pieces of loot per boss with some of it being tier. Eranog is not hard and you’re going to get 4 or 5 pieces of loot at least in 20 minutes compared to not getting any myth track items from a dungeon that takes 30-40 minutes plus a myth track vault item.

It’s a bit slow right now due to not even being close to min max yet.

The number of guilds that go deep into mythic the first few weeks like almost 0.

So yeah, a handful of people can do that.

Fated/awakened is a bit easier, but even CE guilds aren’t popping in week one and clearing mythic again.

And that is guilds, not pugs.

1 Like

Obviously, but your point that you get myth track from the vault is kind of pointless given most guilds can clear Eranog right now and get that first slot a lot quicker than doing a dungeon and the chances for gear are much greater. And any decent guild can get through most of heroic in a couple hours right now.

My guild cleared normal and stopped at Raz in only about 4 hours. That’s still 5+ pieces of gear from each boss on heroic track. And 3 heroic vault options and the raid is the only place you’re getting tier other than catalyst right now. And that is easily doable in a pug also.

that has, uh, not been my experience with raiding

1 Like