Firestorm - Is it worth? No, BUT Could It?

I hate that this dope spell is so horrendously under utilized. I think I only ever saw people use it at the start of the expansion before it petered off into nothingness.

So what can we do to improve it, to actually make it more impactful? We could just make it baseline into the kit. Or give it meaningful damage to warrent the use of spending talents there.

2 Likes

i’d rather not. i hate having to deal with stuff moving out of my aoes in m+ and losing dps.

2 Likes

Also making it baseline into the kit still wouldn’t solve the problem if the damage is so pitiful that it’s not worth taking the time to cast it.

Above all, the damage has to be buffed to make it meaningful to cast.

Nothing about the current iteration of firestorm is “dope”.

1 Like

the skill is not that bad, the path that leads to it is bad.
definitely needs some improvements especially in quality of life. perhaps making its acquisition less punitive would be a good thing too.

I was thinking about this honestly. This seems like the best solution. (Aside from raw numbers adjustment of course)

I would change it to replace pyre, attach to your target so the aoe moves with it, and does slightly more damage than pyre. Massively reduce the duration so it does all the damage all within 3-6 seconds?

Only good solution is to make it attach to a target, when that target dies, it jumps to the next target and refreshes duration.

Otherwise its a 30second snoozefest

That’s kinda the problem I feel. The cooldown is way too long for an ability that is useless when the targets move out of it, which is VERY COMMON IN DUNGEONS??

Blizzard, rain of fire, earthquake, they’re abilities that you can press constantly so it doesn’t matter much.

I remember back in S1 when Firestorm had a good use on Primal Council. Then realized that even with the talent changes that were implemented to make more use out of it… Would still gain TONS more DPS just pushing more Pyres instead of messing around with the ground-targeting spell that neither generates or feeds into Pyre spam in a meaningful way, even when trying to make it cause Pyre to do more damage.

First thing I would look at is the placement in the talent tree. Currently you need to make a big investment in order to get a relatively lackluster talent.