Firelands Portal: Broke?

I am trying to get to a place called the molten front.

So I read there is a portal in Hyjal, which I find. But it will not work when I click on it. Needless to say, I was very upset at this slap in the face.

Was this portal broken at some point in the past?

I did check to see if maybe I needed to do a quest chain or something. I saw there was a quest called Guardians of Hyjal given out at the command board in Orgrimar.

O.K., so I hiked back to Orgrimar. But there is no such command board quest.

I am now lost.

Since Blizzard has not listened to me yet to provide a way to check if you have done a particular quest I have no way to figure out what is missing.

How do we get to the molten front?
How is this portal activated???

1 Like

I do recall having to complete a quest chain. Maybe the entirety of the Hyjal quests?
My characters still had access to it 2 weeks ago.

1 Like

You have to do a questline in Hyjal to unlock it. I can’t remember where it begins sadly :frowning:

Yes you have to do a long quest chain. My guess is you went partway through it (as its a main questline there) and quit

3 Likes

pretty sure you had to run a quest chain in hyjal to unlock the portal near the very end of the chain. been a very long time since I done it and only thing I can suggest is to google/youtube/wowhead search it to see what has to be done.

2 Likes

Pretty sure I had to do all the quests in Hyjal to unlock it on a character.

so I just looked up what you’re trying to do and I find another forum post from 2012 an ill copy/paste it here in full…

First, you need to have the mount hyjal quests fully finished.

If you have that done, you’ll be able to get a new quest from the boards in the capital cities. The quest will lead you back to Hyjal, where you’ll do the introduction quests to the molten front.

After you’ve completed that, you’ll have access to the molten front & the dailies that are there.

Good luck.

1 Like

/script print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(x))

Where x is the quest id, found in Wowhead, among other places.

2 Likes

I can’t find the quest id number. Anyone know where it is located?

This is nuts that we have to go to some 3rd party site for a number and then use that to find information Blizzard should be giving us.

I am really upset.

Posting in a Rastlin thread!

5 Likes

I think the questline starts with Matoclaw at the sanctuary of Malorne near the molten front portal, as long as you’ve done all the hyjal quests already.

U culd probably pick up the quest from ogrimmar quest board or simply just portal to mt hyjal from ogrimmar and u shuld be able to see the ! For the first quest of the quest chain on mt hyjal (assuming u havent done any quests there).
I did the questchain on an alt recently, its a really fun one.u go down mt hyjal helping different ancients and then u deal with the threat in the end.

You will need to have the low level quests option on your mini-map turned on or they won’t show up (assuming you want to do them on the toon you’re posting on).

Good luck!

:cookie:

1 Like

Need to have Hyjal Loremaster done on the intended character. Then the quest to initiate it will become available on said character…

You can pick up the quest at the Shrine of Malorne once all that is done.

5 Likes

I figured it out. No thanks to Blizzard.

Yes, I completed the quests and then picked up a series of additional quests at the shrine. You collect 20 world tree currencies and then the portal is unlocked.
You can then start the firelands dailies.

Thanks everyone for the help!!!

3 Likes

Do the main questline. Eventually it gets you to open the portal.