Fire whirl NEEDS to be removed from start of the game

EXTREMELY UNFAIR to face someone at the start of the game 2mins in and they fire whirl around you non stop all day while you have no way to fight back. REMOVE THIS SKILL from dropping within first 5 minutes or make its cd 1 minute!!! ITs absolutely broken garbage that cant be countered early game. This is insufferable.

2 Likes

It’s no worse than any other skill.

If anything, it needs a slight buff. Feels a bit weak later in the game.

3 Likes

Used to be extremely strong early on but got nerfed. It could basically 100% auto win you the game pre-nerf no contest. Its still too strong, but other skills can be countered or escaped rather easily. This one thought is beyond unbalanced.

I’ve never died to flame whirl early on. I don’t stand there long enough to die, I’d run and heal first.

I suck at this thing, but you need to consider survival over PvP sometimes. Early in the match if you are not as skilled and can avoid, you probably should. I certainly do.

like half the spells in the game counter firewhirl :couch_and_lamp: 12/20

gl man

3 Likes

Make the starting barrel not beak on damage. The problem with fire whirl early is you can’t get away from it because the next tick immediately breaks the barrel.

Otherwise it’s fine, arguably undertuned for anything past early game.

2 Likes

barrel isn’t suppose to be a get out of jail free card. if ur low hp u can use it to try and get out, buy yourself some time, but its specifically designed to not be something you can use amidst combat; hence breaking on damage/collision.

the solution doesn’t always have to be making the game easier for the weak.

12/20 abilities make firewhirl basically useless. no game changes required, player changes required.

1 Like

No, it’s complete garbage late game considering the huge number of skills which hard counter it.

2 Likes

I’m speaking about specifically the starting barrel. I think a lot of people’s problems would go away if conceding the first fight actually meant you survived.

YES.

Seconded.

1 Like

the only abilities that frustrate me are hunters chains and rime arrow. most of them arent too hard to counter-play (if you have good mobility HC isnt too bad)

i feel like there is a lot more to it than just “conceding”. i think at most the change would have to be in the first 15s after landing your barrel is immune, because beyond that you’d be stealing power and resources and time then just getting away, not conceding.

1 Like

Or replace it with a cannon that just shoots you in a random direction, or anything really. But honestly first 15s barrel immune seems like a good solution. If you land and the person next to you has whirl you can get out of dodge.

Or if you both land near a chest and the guy wants to fight you for it etc.

The less non games due to situations like that the better imo, and yes some of them can be counteracted with better initial positioning / player skill, but not all of them, and honestly having more people able to live to fight another day is a good thing.

1 Like

Fire whirl good as much copys you get, there are come counter to it Like Repel, You just need time it right case There time Fool go in not notice you cast repel.

1 Like

Now get rimearrow as your first ability, and feel the disrepair

1 Like

Fire whirl is countered by repel, lightning bulwark, and caltrops, and usually countered by steel traps, snowdrift and stealth. It’s strong early game where you can often find a window where someone doesn’t have CDs or doesn’t have a counter, but late game when everyone has an answer it’s pretty bad.

The problem with it is once you do get countered you’re just a sitting duck while you wait for it to time out, unable to to put up a bulwark or repel of your own against the enemy attack.

1 Like

Doesn’t seem like an issue to me. Some people are going to die early, there’s no penalty for dying, and it takes a minute to hop back into another game. It’s just how the mode is designed to be played.

2 Likes

Just matter of counter and Escape move, As I all ways say “Keep a barrel with you at all times.”

2 minutes in is the middle of the round at this point. 30 seconds in, maybe there’s an argument.

But if you get a couple more upgrade levels of rime arrow…