Fire Mage vs Destruction Warlock

I enjoy destro locks quite a lot. I can never stick with a fire mage. I always end up playing frost or arcane.

Yeah I remember doing that on my lock, I was like wtf when I died lol. Looked it up, you have to use your eye of kilrogg to see how to get through, It’s a pain for sure. :laughing:

1 Like

You should really continue into Shadowlands and do some Maw/Korthia events. I have so much fun on mine. It does seem to come into its own but because of the movement and GCD issues, I stopped raiding on her. Seems Bliz makes their raids these days with massive movement involved and failed to take into consideration the different specs (not just lock) that require the character to stand still long enough to get a cast off.

I actually started using /gse with LazyMacros to pull together different talents/skills that seem to synergize and proc with one another…that makes it really fun. Its strategic positioning that saves a caster’s life more than anything. Just wish I could name my voidwalker… :rofl:

1 Like

Fire Mage is very very deep into sequences, combust vs non combust phases, cooldown stacking, maximum burst, etc. You absolutely can’t mess up your combustion phase or you are gonna be below the tank in M+ usually.

I play fire and frost in SL but I found that I couldn’t quite fish enough pyros in non combust phase to not have sucky damage, so frost has been my choice. Even with proper stats shrug

Warlocks look cooler

Mages are too sparkly

Mages have better transmog and Lore, but for everything else Warlock.

Fire Mage is the weirdest spec I’ve played. And I play mage. But always lean towards Frost or Arcane. I really can’t get into fire and I do not like the combustion proc too much.

Maybe I am not so used to play it.

So of the two… I choose Elemental Shaman!

I’m tempted. Truly. Just apprehensive to fall further into WoW’s clutches with a second character I enjoy.

Mages don’t have chaos bolt so warlocks win.

1 Like

If you’re gonna make a turret spec, make a turret fight in the raid. I’m sure they could make mechanics that privileged that style in at least some fights, if they really wanted to.